Choose your side!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Mar 16, 2011.

?

Pick your side!

Poll closed Apr 15, 2011.
  1. Owners

57.4%
  2. Players

42.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

The owners didn't meet the players' demands, but the players wanting to see the books is amusing. The owners should have responded in kind. I don't think players would want their endorsement deals being part of the puzzle.

2. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

First off I side with the owners, and I'm African-American. I get what Adrian Peterson is trying to saying. I can I honestly say that I can understand that it feels like he's a slave to the organization that hired him. I'm actually empathetic towards his situation but just to be clear I'm not sympathetic.

However, as an intelligent individual and business owner I side with the owners. Please understand that it is because I am paying you $10M (or more) per year I expect you to do what is asked of you, say what you are asked to say, and not complain about it. Granted there are things that crosses the line as there is not anything in this world that isn't abused (in this case power).

So I say it again, when you get paid that type of money your expected to do the things expected of you and be happy about it. If not there is always someone in line who will do it for less. One thing I've come to know about businesses is that everyone except the owner is replaceable!

That may sound harsh but in the corporate world that is the cold reality and one that I've personally accepted a long time ago.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

The only thing I'm siding with the players about is the 18 game schedule. I agree that it will put them in physical danger.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I wouldn't go so far as to say an 18 game schedule puts players in danger but it does increase the chance of injury. The players are totally against it and the owners need to take it off the table so a deal can be reached.

16 games with one bye week seems like an almost ideal number and they have been playing that many games for over 30 years.

5. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I'm against the 18 game season, but also against the changes in regards to safety. I feel that the rule changes have watered down the game of football.

For those who are looking at this from the perspective of guys making millions of dollars, think about the guys who are 2nd and 3rd stringers trying to make a living. The turnover rate in the NFL is very high and one injury could end your career.

You gotta make your money early in the NFL.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

There is no competing league that can do any of that. it is a non issue. In the 70s the world football league had some rich owners who were willing to outbid nfl teams for players and of course the usfl did the same in the 80s like when Trump got Hershal Walker. Both leagues went bankrupt. The UFL is not like that, they don't even pretend to be a competitor to the nfl. .

7. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

i heard the UFL is getting a TN team.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Again, I don't feel someone that only plays in the NFL for 2 years as a backup deserves to be set for life regarding money.

If that's as good as a player will be, then that player needs to have plans for a post football career.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

If these guys were replaceable, nobody would give them $10 million/yr to begin with. It's more likely that there is always someone in line, waiting to sign Adrian Peterson to $10 million/yr contract.

Were either allowed to do so while NFL didn't have a season? There are some interesting free agents available right now. You would have to be naive to believe they wouldn't try to sign these players. My point is that the door shouldn't even be opened for the opportunity.

10. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

The whole 'open the books' thing is just an excuse. propoganda wars at their finest for the next few months it appears. If I have to choose a side it would be the owners who put up all of the money and run these franchises, taking huge risks on some of these players contracts. The players are very well paid and they walked away from the negotiations. But there are two sides to this coin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar