Chow thinks Schwartz is terrible too

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Brian, Jan 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian

Brian Big Fan

From todays Tennessean: Chow said he feels good about Arizona's offense — he raved about Leinart, running back Edgerrin James and the receiving corps — but knows as a head coach he would have to pay attention to defense.

"I would be aggressive," Chow said. "Obviously we would need to hire a good defensive coordinator and I would try and express to him a style that gave me the most problems coaching against, the aggressive style.''

:werd:

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070109/SPORTS01/701090361/1027

2. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

That's a bit of a stretch. He's obviously not talking about anyone in particular here. He's just politicin' for the job. Who says they want to play a bend but don't break defense?

I hope he doesn't get the job...

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

That's reading a little too much in.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Well, in a round about way he did just say playing a Schwartz defense would be easier for him. Not intentionally, but you can use it and make sense of it that way.

5. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Which lines did you have to read between to come up with that conclusion?

6. Brian

Brian Big Fan

This one: "I would be aggressive," Chow said. "Obviously we would need to hire a good defensive coordinator (not Jim Schwartz) and I would try and express to him a style that gave me the most problems coaching against, the aggressive style.''

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

chow apparently thinks it's harder to call plays against an aggressive defense, one where you don't know where the pressure is going to come from, rather than the schwartz cover none zone.

i do like schwartz's scheme though. blitz so little, that when you so you actually send some pressure, it shocks the qb into a mistake.

8. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

Not to say he doesn't feel thay way, but really, what's he supposed to say..... "Huh, I want to find a Defensive coordinator that has a passive approach and doesn't want to get after the QB."

I don't think he was talking about Shwartz. I think he just wants the job.

9. Brian

Brian Big Fan

:whoop:

If I had titled this thread "As a Head Coach, Chow would prefer an aggressive defensive approch", and then said something like "I guess he won't be taking Schwartz with him".......would that be more appropriate for you?

:pop:

10. DJB

DJB Starter

"Chow said he feels good about Arizona's offense — he raved about Leinart, running back Edgerrin James and the receiving corps"

Chow thinks VY, Travis Henry, and the Titans receiving corps are terrible too

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar