Chow Wants Shot at Cardinals Head Coaching Position

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

If he goes good for him that's just 1 less dumb guy on the staff. Doesn't he know Arizona is a COACH KILLER! Everyone was praising Dennis Green. Now look at him he was canned. Both Boldin and Fitz. won't stay long and Leinart might be a bust. I don't think of him like that yet but who knows how severe that injury was. Then the Edgerin James is older who knows how much longer he plays and the Defense stinks.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Chow is just interview fluff. He has no real chance. What has he done in the NFL?

Right. Now everyone calm down. We can only dream about him going.

3. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

Does Norm count as a minority interview?

4. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

The Cards GM is a minority and as I understand it, 5 of the 7 interviewedcandidates were minorities.

5. Bobo

Bobo Guest

6. TD10

TD10 Camp Fodder

I haven't been that impressed w/ Chow. I think he did a lousy job w/ McNair, and Young was successful because he made the plays out of nothing. If Chow leaves I would not be dissapointed. I would like to have Dinger back and he would do a great job w/ Young, just like McNair, but he did leave the team once before for the Jets OC job. It will be interesting to see who we will go with as OC if Chow does in fact leave.

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

8. my only worry is that it might set vince back some

9. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

McNair was ready to go then. Little could have made him play better. He did not want to be here. That's not all on Chow, when your QB doesn't want to play for your team.

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Oh, and from what I remember, Dinger was not a player favorite when he left.

The big thing I expect from Chow comes from this offseason, when he and Vince Young work more on his mechanics, which they did not have a lot of time to get into this past year. All this talk of failure is premature. Once we got going on our run, I think our offense was around 12th, subtracting the first 5 games or so. I may be off a little bit, but the stat showed the improvement of the offense that I'm interested to see what we get after another offseason of QB development and team chemistry. I also cannot think of a better QB mentor than Chow, except maybe Charlie Weis, and we can forget that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar