Chow Withdraws Name for NC State Coach Position

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Dec 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

Thats your perogative.

I do not need to produce a source to show what each and every one of us heard in the reports when Norm Chow was hired here. As I said, there aree few folks with short memories.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'd think if so many reports stated it, you'd not have any problems proving it.

Your unwillingness to show us anything speaks volumes.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Here's a link that mentions Chow's disappointment not getting the stanford job...

http://www.dailycollegian.com/media...612071109&sourcedomain=www.dailycollegian.com

Here's a recent article talking about Chow being a front-runner now...

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/asu/articles/1205asufoot1205.html

I especially like the part where they mention McGinnis as our current D-coordinator. So maybe this last article is garbage haha, dunno.

I thought I heard on ESPN that Standford's new AD is an old friend of Chow's and that might bring him to Stanford. BUT, I can't find any link to back that up and I'm wondering if I have the school mixed up and maybe it was another AD. Anyone have any clue what I'm talking about? :bonk2:

4. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

As I stated before, it is your perpogaatiove to be short-sighted in this. If you go back and see what happpened(read Alex's links), ylou see that Chow wanted a head coaching job in the college ranks. He thought that the Stanford job was his and was told that it was his-then was left out in the cold when Stanford hired Walt Harris.

For Chow to want to take a head job within the PAC10 probably did not sit well with Pete Carroll. That is likely behind Carrroll's decision to promote Steve Sarkesian to a higher role on the USC staff, which would take away much of Chow's authority. Staying at USC in a diminished role was not going to be a good way to reach his goal in gaining a collegiate head coaching job....along comes the Titans offer and new life for Norm Chow.

Yes, it was all over the radio and TV that friends, stated that Chow saw this as an opportunity to get back on his path to getting a head coaching job in the collegiate ranks. What Chow lacked in popersonality he ccould overcome wiith high exposure in working his trade in the NFL-an instant attraction to many college football programs.

Now, if you did not hear or see this information on the aoirwaves or on TV, then you might want to try and pry yourself away from your own written opinions and see what the rest of the world sees and hears on a daily basis. My mother did not raise a fool.

5. TitanJeff

You said Chow said this. Now you're saying others said it? Which is it?

6. TitanJeff

Funny I don't read Chow saying he only took the OC job to give himself more exposure to a college HC job in any of these links. That's because he never said it. And the Titans would be incompetent to make a hire of someone whose only goal was to be beefing up his resume for a college job two seasons after he was hired.

And I think his stock has actually dropped in the last two years more than it would have if he'd stayed at USC and had the same results USC has produced the last two seasons.

7. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

Of course Norm Chow is not going to come out and blatantly make such a statement. That would not be a smart move on his part.

Not stop being so naive and anal about this Jeff. You are not a fool.

Norm Chow was going to be demated at USC and staying therre would have harmed his careeer in a bad way.

Coming to the Titans has done a lot for his career. He can now show "NFL" on his reume and that is attractive to college programs and the high school recruits.

Notice Norm Chow's name is being mentioned all over the college football landcape with almost very job ? Nah, his NFL exposure didn't help him.:brow:

8. mdfan

mdfan Starter

I'm confused

9. TitanJeff

That is what you clearly said and why I responded. If you are saying he only thought that, then I might buy into it. I assume it is a given he was hoping the move to the Titans was a career improvement in both money and opportunity.

All over the college landscape? How about three jobs.

He's "removed" himself from NC State and we don't know yet how ASU and Stanford will go. Since he was a finalist for the Stanford job a while back, I don't know if being the Titans OC really made any difference.

Where do you rank Chow as an OC in the NFL right now? I'd say his production has been below average though improving.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar