Chow Withdraws Name for NC State Coach Position

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Dec 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

And you would be one of them. Chow never said this was a temporary job, heck, if he had we wouldn't have signed him.

Now, some journalists probably figured that Titans being a crappy team and at least 5-6 years away from PO (journalists' words before the season, not mine), Chow was just looking to get a couple of years of NFL experience to put on his resume.

In any case, unless Chow thinks he will be happier as a HC, I think he'd be foolish to leave the Titans at this point, where he has a chance to help mold a team into a superbowl contender.

2. Titanmc

Titanmc Starter

Family

Has Chow's family ever moved to the area? I believe this past summer they were still on the west coast.

3. titansmcm

titansmcm Guest

I actually think at this point Chow is going to stay. I could be very wrong but I think the time for him to coach in college has come and gone. We shall see.

4. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

His stock has not dropped at all. USC was in the national championship game with 2 heisman finalists last season and the offense didnt show any negative effects because of the loss of Chow. Anybody could have coached that level of talent, and I think Chow actually needed to get away from USC and prove he could be successful without the star power on offense that USC had. And with how the running game has picked it up here, and obviously how Vince has played, I think he has certainly made himself a top candidate for jobs. If not this year, then I definately see him gone after next season. But I really hope Vince gets one more year under him because he seems to have really helped Vince come along.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Chow proved he can coach at the college level with less talent well before USC.

His offense was 17th last season and is 25th now. He's had some success at times but he's not close to showing himself as a top OC in the NFL yet, IMO. Time will hopefully change that.

6. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Yeah I agree Chow was certainly a proven college coach, but I still dont think that his success at USC made him any more or less desirable, simply because of the level of talent there. Obviously if his stock was that high he would have been offered good HC jobs then instead of coming here to be the OC. And I think the improvement with our offense is pretty good reflection of what Chow brings to an offense. Our offense doesnt have one player who is a premier offense player in this league, and a rookie QB. And they seem to be getting better every week, VInce is way ahead of schedule, Travis Henry looks more like the old Travis Henry. I cant see how Chows stock would have dropped a bit based on this years performance. Honestly I think its one more argument for him to be a HC at some point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar