Chow's offense--USC v/s Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bigreese82, Dec 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigreese82

bigreese82 Camp Fodder

Any USC or college football watchers who can see ANY similarites in the offensive scheme between USC and the Titans. I don't see the pass distribution at USC being even somewhat similar. I would assume every play has a first,second, third and hot option. Do TEs take up the first and second option on a lot of plays? Or is this the "read" that McNair is making. Kinney is good, but he's no Gates,Gonzo,Shockey or Heap. Are our rookie WRs and Bennett that bad that they can now not get open or has McNair reverted back to the "I don't know the offense..I'll throw it to Wycheck". I know I'll catch heat for that one but just curious to what the true difference is.

2. Bulluck

Bulluck Camp Fodder

Pac-10 vs. NFL

3. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

imo, i dont think he has the personal he needs to run his offense and for it to be consistant and put up big yards.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I know one thing for sure. USC against the Titans defense would score about 35 points. I'm being serious. Bush would run wild with our safetys and LBs. USC also has about three or more excellant pro caliber OL.

5. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

It would be nice to see college lineman trying to block Albert again, they couldn't do it very well 5 years ago, I can't imagine even USC's lineman doing any better.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Actually Haynesworth wasn't exactly overly dominate in college.
    He had 36 total tackles in his final year. He also had Henderson playing next to him. Matt Mauk could give a little insight into how unimpressive Haynesworth was in the LSU game where Tennessee laid an egg and missed a chance at a National Championship.

7. danny

danny Guest

I'd love to see the Titans draft one of those two guards from that Oline. They flat out destroy people...

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Tatusi Lutui 6-5, 370 is rated around the #5 OG in the draft. Winston Justice 6-6, 300 is rated somewhere in the 1st round as an OT.

9. danny

danny Guest

Lutui is the guy I'd love to see in Nashville in '06 and beyond...

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Lutui could very easily be available in round 2. Justice will more than likely go in the 1st based on what is projected right now. Plus very few OGs go in the first round however Lutui may not be the best OG available when we pick in the 2nd round.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar