Chris Brown wants to be traded ?!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by HurricaneTitans, Jul 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

If we trade Brown for a pick, what are we looking at as far as cap savings? Would it be enough to reenter the Ty Law running? Not that I really want Law, just curious.

2. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

If the Titans end up trading Brown for whatever they can get, I say they would use the extra money to wait and look for a o-lineman cut from other teams during preseason. Ty Law would be an okay DB to try and get, but I've heard that he is "all about the money." Pretty much would put us back in the McNair situation in a year or so. Plummer is injury prone, so I have heard. We don't need to get rid of an injury prone RB to get an injury prone DB. With Pacman stepping up his game in practices, Hope taking over Tank's old spot, and either Hill or Woolfolk on the other side (preferably Hill), I think our DB is as good as it can get with what is out there in free agency. I do worry about Lamont. A lot of his tackles looked like a disgruntled cop doing a "pat down" on opponents last year. I have heard that training camp will be a "back to basics" theme. Fisher told us that tackling technique would be one thing that would be addressed in TC. As for Brown, I don't think that the kicking and screaming is gonna work for him like it worked for McNair and George. Mac and Eddie's qualities included the references to "strong leaders" or "warriors." That can hardly be said of Brown. Don't get me wrong... I like Brown when he plays. I just don't see a "featured back" such as Brown going to the pro-bowl as long as he plays 2 quarter games. In my opinion, LenDale will go to the pro-bowl before Brown. :winker:

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The Titans would get around $1.6 mil from Brown but they already have around $5 mil available (last I heard) after the rookies are signed so they could sign Law today if they wanted.

4. but hes also declining in his abilities, and he had a bunch of fouls last year i heard

5. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

not to mention that Lt incident...

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Brown, Henry and White should all be told that their careers will rise or fall with the Titans W-L record this year. If we win several unexpected games, their stock all goes up. If we get an early lead, they get more carries.

They should all get on the same page and work as a cohesive rotation- that's the only way Brown and Henry come out of this winning financially.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar