Chris Canty

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TITANZFN09, Feb 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

That and it also means that we are being aggressive in getting guys in here that can help us get better. Gotta love that.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I just realized something LOL, we're not being aggressive, free agency isn't til March 12th, this is only happening cause we 1.) need a DT, and 2.) Canty was cut, so he's allowed to interview with teams.

3. JCBRAVE

He looks too much like Griffin for me to like

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I don't see the resemblance... :bliss:

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Free-agent defensive tackle Chris Canty paid a visit to the Titans last Thursday and Friday.

The 30 year-old Canty was released by the New York Giants in a cost-cutting move earlier last week. He had missed the first six games of 2012 recovering from knee surgery, but returned to play in nine of the last 10, totaling 26 tackles and three sacks.

An eight-year veteran, Canty’s most productive season was 2011, when he posted 47 tackles and four sacks as the Giants went on to down New England in the Super Bowl.

The 6-7, 317-pound Canty has also reportedly scheduled a visit with the Kansas City Chiefs and is likely to have more visits as well.

He had been scheduled to make $6.25 million in base salary for the coming campaign, a salary that was too high for the cash-strapped Giants.

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News

Source: Titans Insider

6. JCBRAVE

Seriously?

7. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

They all look the same to me!!

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. JCBRAVE

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 8
  9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

:cigar: but for real, George Wilson is a legit safety in the league. I don't know how many more years he has. I don't want to get stuck in a Chris Hope(less) situation again. I'd prefer to use an early pick on a safety, and hopefully land our future safety for many years.

10. xhrr

xhrr Starter

I would not be opposed to Canty coming in he is pretty effective against the run and would provide some veteran leadership. Just cause we sign Canty doesn't mean we pass on Star if he is there.

Bills are doing this in attempt to sign Byrd and Levitre I think Byrd would have to be first priority then since they got rid of a back end guy making Levitre option two. He should be our option one and that would be a big chunk of change to their interior line after signing Urbik earlier this year I think he leaves Buffalo I just hope he ends up in Tenn. Wouldn't mind George Wilson either he is a very productive SS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar