Chris Cooley...I'd take a look

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Starter

Cooley was cut today because of his salary and because of his recent injury history. I know I'll take crap for jumping all over the most recently cut guy and saying he could make our team better, but I do think we should take a look and here is why.

Cooley had been running as a FB/TE. He is 6'3" 245 which is decent size. I'm not sold on Quinn or the new rookie FB. I like the idea of having a guy that can play both positions. Really helps the game day roster. If Stevens or Cook were to go down for any length of time Cooley would fill in much better than Thompson. I like the potential of Thompson, but would rather not see him play much this year.

So I would put Cooley on the roster instead of Quinn and then put the rookie FB on the practice squad. Of course Cooley would have to play for near the vet minimum. Which I'm not sure he would do.
  2. GLinks

GLinks Titans on the Rise

Eh, the injuries scare me. If we had more of a need there, but we have receiving options, and I doubt we'd much need Cooley as a blocking option, given the injuries.
  3. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH! Tip Jar Donor

He's not a priority right now.
  4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Wow... I knew someone would make this thread.

We are keeping 3 TEs on the roster. Not happening... he'd be a complete waste of money on our team. We are fine at TE.

EDIT: Didn't realize you wanted him to be our FB... still have to say no way.
    • High Five High Five x 3
  5. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Starter

6. Tennessy XO

Tennessy XO @TennessyXO

7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

nocubed
    • High Five High Five x 2
  8. Tennessy XO

Tennessy XO @TennessyXO

No²¹⁴³⁴ⁿ°