chris davis signed

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

2. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

Titans and WR Davis Agree to Terms

SUMMARY: The Titans completed an agreement with their second draft pick today when terms were reached with WR Chris Davis. Davis was a fourth-round pick from Florida State who led the Seminoles with 46 receptions for 651 yards on the season. Ran a 4.52 40 at the Combine. Before the draft, NFL.com's scouting report on Davis referred to him as a clutch receiver who may lack ideal size but he is a precise route runner who has also proven to be a capable punt returner and a dangerous runner on the reverse. He shows the suddenness needed to elude defenders after the catch, and has a keen eye for defensive schemes.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

3. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

4.52, as borat would say...

very nice...

4. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Anybody got video on this guy?

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

6. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

Titanjeff coming through with yet another clutch performance....

7. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

Kinda reminds me of Steve Smith :))

8. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Have you seen Chris Henry's tape on that site?

He looks pretty impressive, even though he does a couple of things on that tape that look like they would get him killed in the nfl.

I'm optimistic...

9. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I think Davis is going to be one of the more productive rookies this year... he's in the perfect situation playing in the slot for us, and he's got good hands and route running skills. Despite what has been said, VY will want to use his RB, TE and slot receiver more and more when things break down. He'll still use his legs, but I think he'll reserve running for critical 3rd downs and obvious TDs. Davis could turn into a safety valve for him - I'm watching him for signs of a McNair-Mason dynamic. In any case, either him or a TE needs to be a presence in the middle this year for the passing game to be successful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar