chris henry 2006 season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Jun 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

2006 SEASON
    Played in 11 games, starting the first two contests and final four at tailback, sharing those duties with Chris Jennings…Led the team with 581 yards and seven touchdowns on 165 carries (3.5 avg)…Was tackled 32 times for losses totaling 87 yards and had 17 other runs that saw Henry get stopped at the line of scrimmage…Also fumbled once…Converted 11-of-24 third-down runs and gained over 10 yards on 16 attempts, including three for 20 yards or longer…Carried 14 times inside the red zone, including 10 times on goal-line plays…Finished fourth on the team with 21 receptions for 197 yards (9.4 avg) and one score…Nine of his catches were good for first downs, converting 2-of-6 third-down plays…Dropped four other balls.

i really wish i was able to watch arizona football to know whether henry was just that bad or whether his o-line was god awful. when almost 30% of your carries go for 0 or less there is something wrong.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Scary stat.

From everything I've read on Henry, the OL was horrible most of the season.

3. He got tackled behind the line on over 19% of his carries and for no gain on another 10%. How can that not be an OLine problem?

That doesn't mean he's going to be great, but clearly their blocking was terrible.

4. Fry

horrible vision? something that has been written about in a lot of scouting reports i've seen.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/henry_chris
    Must show better pick-and-slide agility and must do a better job of locating rush lanes (in 165 carries in 2006, he was tackled for a loss 32 times and had 17 others runs that saw him taken down at the line of scrimmage) … Shows inconsistencies coming off the snap, as he seems to lack that feel for the crease and will run into spots rather than try to bounce out and avoid …

5. smac9

smac9 Camp Fodder

I saw henry play once. arizona was playing at cal and i was at the game. the one thing i remember about that game was that their running back was a beast but i had never heard of him before. he was shredding us, every time i thought he was stopped early he had like 6 yards. i dunno how he's gonna turn out in the pros, but he showed a lot that game.

6. Fry

which year was that? was it in 2006 when he averaged 2.3 yards against cal or was it in 2005 when he had 1 carry for -6 yards? maybe it was in 2004 when he averaged 1.5 YPC?

im just as intrigued as anyone else with this pick, but the more i read about the kid's on-field prowess the less i like it.

7. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

easy buddy, we haven't even hit camp yet.

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Let's see how he does after watching and learning from Chris Brown. I'm betting he improves a lot after some coaching as well.

9. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I heard on Reggie Bush got stopped for losses or no gain on a ridiculous number of touches -- like in the fifties. It sounded absurd, but I heard it this afternoon on Sirius.

10. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

That o-line was horrible apparently, and I have a few friends who went to Arizona who have confirmed this...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar