Chris Henry, AZ getting a private workout

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by BigRob, Mar 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigRob

BigRob Guest

Titans are interested in Chris Henry. Sending the whole offensive staff to AZ to take a looksy.

www.scout.com

According to scout.com's Adam Caplan, University of Arizona RB Chris Henry will have a pre-draft workout with the Tennessee Titans. The team will be sending most of their offensive coaching staff to Arizona including offensive coordinator Norm Chow and head coach Jeff Fisher.
    Henry opened some eyes during his NFL Combine workout last month after running a 4.41 40-yard dash despite weighing 230 lbs. He also did other drills well. The feeling is that Henry helped himself so much that he went from being an early second day selection to a second or third-round pick.

With the loss of Travis Henry to the Denver Broncos the Titans are looking for another runningback to fill the void and help the inexperienced Lendale White. Scout.com has Henry ranked as the #9 ranked runningback available

2. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Oh wow, I thought you meant WR Chris Henry. Man, that was scary.

3. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

Good, I wasn't the only one, that was scary, also seemed weird that they were going to AZ to check him out :ha:

We definately need another RB before the season starts, I wouldn't object at all

4. BigRob

BigRob Guest

Hence why I put AZ after his name and it was in the draft thread. :grrhee:

5. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Over the past 11 drafts the most RBs taken in the first 2 rnds was 7 in 1999. The avg number is 5 Rbs taken in the first 2 rnds. It won't surprise me if it is fewer than that this yr given the limited need. Also the most RBs taken on the 1st day is 9.

So one of these RBs will be available in the 4th rnd

Peterson, Lynch, Irons, Pittman, Bush, Hunt, Booker, Henry, Jackson, or Battle

I'd love to trade down in the 1st for an extra 3rd to make sure we grab a RB.

6. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I'd take him round 4 or so. He is a big kid with good power and speed. He was a durable workhorse for Arizona last year. He had outstanding woorkouts and could be moving up into the first day but if he's there in round 4 we should snag him. Plus it's like we never lost.........Travis Henry in the first place.

7. not if we sign turner tho

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar