Chris Henry...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Aug 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Bad comparison with some around here. :rolleyes:

Pick another player. :rolleyes:

2. what I can't say Earl Campbell? LOL

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Henry is like Campbell how?

4. I'm not saying he is, all I am saying is he runs hard like Earl used to. He was went looking for contact of some sort. Earl always ran over people. He never was a juke you left and right guy. He was a recking ball, sorta like what Henry tries to do. Henry looks for contact.

5. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Very good point - Chow knows how to use this kind of combo of skills. Brown should see some packages designed to get him the ball in space, too. Both of those guys in the flat could be very productive.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

That'd be fine if Henry delivered the hit, but he doesn't. He lowers his head and crashes to the ground every chance he gets. He's not going to dish it out like Earl did. To have all those muscles, he's pretty easy to tackle it seems.

7. mcmojo

mcmojo Starter

Honestly, he just looks like he is trying too hard. He hasn't shown any vision, but I think a lot of that can be attributed to being impatient. He is not allowing the game to come to him. He needs this year to just learn how to play the game. He has insane natural abilities, but he will never be a good NFL running back if he doesn't figure out the mental part of the game. Perhaps he doesn't have the instincts to do it, but I'm not going to write him off yet.

8. like I said give him time.

9. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

Earl Campbell? Dude this team has never had a back as good as Earl! Chris Henry will never be able to tie his cleats.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I'll buy the fact he might improve his running from scimmage with time but come on. Playing RB doesn't have a huge learning curve. guys either have it or they don't. I also disagree that he has "insane natural abilities". Maybe he puts up some nice 40 times and all in a combine setting but I don't see where he has shown anything on the field. He isn't real quick, he is more of a straight ahead sprinter and doesn't have alot of shiftiness and he hasn't show anything as far as running with power.

A good example on the Titans to use would be Chris Davis. Henry might be able to beat Davis in a race in shorts (4.4 vs 4.52) but Davis is faster on the field, has nice wiggle and actuall sees things before they happen. if Davis being a WR doesn't make sense then look at Moore, a guy with none of the "insane natural ability" yet Moore has better vision, makes better cuts and actually runs with more power. So far Henry has been a ridiculous pick IMO. Running backs should hit the ground running in the NFL. Just watch Henry on KOs. Even in a situation like that where he isn't confronted with defenders for the first 20 yards and has a full head of steam he doesn't make anyone miss and goes down quickly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar