Chris Henry...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Aug 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

Chris Henry has great potential. We focus an awful lot about the things of now though and people like him never develop. It's not like you can't teach the kid, but who on the team is going to set time aside for a 3rd string RB? Vince can bond with the WRs and QBs... but RBs i doubt he'd be of much use with... Other than Vince, nobody on our RB corps is going to teach Henry squat because lord knows if someone like Chris Brown teaches C.Hen the fundamentals and teaches them well, C. Brown is going to get phased out... again. LenDale White just secured the top spot. The HBs are evenly matched if you get the right situation, and if Henry shows flashes of being a stud RB, guess who's leaving? Brownie. The kid can run. He just doesn't know what direction to go.

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

There's nothing wrong with "he would've went..."

It is the same as saying "he would have went..." It is proper usage of a contraction. It looks weird because it's not common, but it's correct.

3. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Henry's problem right now is a couple things.

He's running with his head down a lot he just wants to hit someone but that takes away his vision. Very correctable and could make a very big difference.

He is a rookie that doesn't have the playbook down 100%. He is still thinking and guessing rather than reacting. He is running the play thats called and hitting the hole but when theres nothing there he still to tenative to break it off and cut back which vets do all the time. Marshawn Lynch is doing the same thing he's doing what is asked but when your a back you need to find the hole not run right into the hole cause the play was called there when it's stuffed.

He's young and raw. We knew it when we drafted him it might take a year or two to perfect running with his head up, body lean, annd just overall understanding of NFL life and what it takes to be a RB.

Give him time he has what it takes just a few minor flaws that might take time to fully correct. He's a fabulous athlete that will be fine given some time.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I always reserve the right to change my mind. I'm just not very optimistic about this guy after seeing him work. He runs stupid. I know that sounds really gay but let me attempt to clarify. He doesn't run smart. He runs into a pile of bodies and falls down. If they can teach him how to be a running back... good. Nothing would please me more. I'm all for high picks working out. I'm just not so sure about this guy. Then again, after watching LenDale last year there were plenty who had serious doubts about him. Some still do. The point is things can change. I just don't see greatness in Chris Henry's future.

5. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

You guys have got to give him a chance still. Come on it's still preseason .... of first year. No ever thought of him as a Reggie Bush ........ let them at least TRY to develop him into something. Sometimes with that much potential maybe it isn't even a running back.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

You're right. We have to give him a chance still. It's way too early to give up on the guy. I just have low expectations at this point. I can bet that Chris Brown will be activated more often than Chris Henry. I've heard we are only going to play two backs a game. 1 starter and 1 back up. Right now it looks like the only way Henry will get activated is a Brown injury which unfortunately is incredibly likely given Brown's history. Chris Brown has looked pretty decent so far this year. I won't be looking for Chris Henry to be suiting up for the opener. Then again I could be totally wrong.

7. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

We can always put him at LB hey Cal wanted to.

For people without a sense of humor.....j/k.

8. Bobo

Bobo Guest

That's what I wonder. Can he learn it? I wonder if he'll need to perform some spooky voodoo seance where a couple chickens have to lose their noggins in order to attain the mythical attribute.....vision.

Who knows, maybe he can learn to run better, maybe not. He's got some skills, so it's at least a little hopeful. But I'd rather have a guy who wows less at the combine, but performs better during his college career.....you know that should be Lendale White VS Chris Henry :slap:

9. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

Finally others see Chris Henry the way I do, as a future disapointment. And I like the guy's personality, but on the football field he just doesn't have it IMO. And the main this is his vision and balance- its been a problem with him ever since he was a freshmen in college. Why did Mike Bell rush for a 1000 yards in that offense behind the same oline, but Henry couldn't- yet Bell went undrafted. I think people don't want to admit but the Titans FO (Sherman mostly) were just wowed by his workouts and tried to make good out of every little thing. Honestly, if Henry got the flu and was not able to attend the NFL Combine would he still be a 2nd round pick? I doubt it, as a matter of fact before the Combine he was listed as a 5th to UDFA. Bad pick, I hope he proves me wrong, but my gut feeling says don't expect. Henry could be next in the line of Titans workout warriors. Woolfolk, Calico, and Henry. Your 2nd round pick RB's hope for getting on the field shouldn't be just special teams. Also I expect us to draft yet another RB within the first 4 rounds next year. I got my eye on Ian Johnson from Boise St.

10. Bobo

Bobo Guest

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar