Chris Houston

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Puck, Mar 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

This crap gets said every year, and is why we drafted Andre Woolfolk. NISM?

Reminder: Pacman Jones skyed all over Matt Jones in the 2nd Jags game last year. Pacman: 5'9 if that. MJ: 6'6. Result: Priceless.

It's malarkey. You need a player to cover a player. It's why Bob Sanders dealt Drew Bennett the worst hit he's ever had. Height had nothing to do with it. If the CB has speed, hops, and technique, that's all it takes.

Unfortunately, for what we want, Revis, Houston and Wright are the top guys. You could make a case for Hall because he's so all around, but these are the guys we want, and two of them have to be taken in one.

2. johnnybow

johnnybow Guest

I think you're right, G. Deion is worth listening to.

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I think so, too - at least when it comes to cornerbacks.

4. yea speed and vertical jump are pretty important for a cb

5. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

I'm pretty sure we had Vince and Terna Nande at least in for a visit last year. The year before I think we had Roos and Stewart in at least.

6. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Houston is clearly the only CB that fits for us in the 1st round.

His hieght is of no concern whatsoever. Those tall CBs like Woolfolk and Beckham have sure worked out well for us hey. Same with those tall receivers like Calico who give us such a huge advantage over these "tiny" DBs.

I'll take Pacman (without the off-field stuff), Bob Sanders and co any day. Height is THE most over-rated measurable in scouting players.

The kid can play.
    http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=207187&cl=2249366&ch=396337&src=sports

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

why chris houston is more than worth the number 19 pick:

dwayne jarrett- 5 receptions 35 yards 0 tds
    robert meachem- 4 receptions 65 yards 1 td
    earl bennett- 4 receptions 31 yards 0 tds
    dwayne bowe- 5 receptions 68 yards 0tds

three of those guys will be first round picks this year, the other will be a first round pick when he comes out of school.

9. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

[​IMG]

Tell me you wouldn't want a guy who Neon Deion deemed the best corner in the draft AND that's built like this to play for your team.

From NFLfans.com:

Pros: Eric is a playmaker who loves to make the big pick and turn it into six points. He has the pure cover ability teams look for in a bigtime CB. He looks to be an intelligent guy who can play zone as well as man-to-man. Tackles well for a CB. Great kick returner who is one of the best in the draft in this role.
    Cons: Has a yellow flag from an off-field incident in 2005, but has kept his nose clean since then. Still, this hurts his draft status a bit. If he shows he has learned his lesson in team interviews, you are looking at a guy who may be a big steal as he has the rare skills to be a #1 corner.

If we can't get Houston, this is who I'd want. I'd even take him at the end of one if we traded down with SD and Bowe and Meachem were gone. I've seen one mock where the Pats take him at #28.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

what did he get in trouble for?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar