Chris Johnson: Adrian Peterson's 2097-yards aint sh*t

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, May 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I'll take a balanced and consistant attack anyday!

2. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I doubt Johnson leads the league in rushing because Shonn Green will most likely getting around 45% of the touches but as long as he starts running hard again and stops dancing in the backfield I'll be okay.

3. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

Watz yous be meanins by dat dawg?

4. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

Wow! CJ & White combined for 451 rushing carries in '08. We didn't run the ball even 300 last two seasons. I guess running the ball a bunch does win games

5. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I don't want him to get 2k again, or lead the league. I want him to be a PART of a balanced, winning team. Not a glory hound numbers wh0re.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

As long as CJ doesn't wait till week 10 to start trying he'll be fine.

He won't get 2000 though. Green is no bum and should be worth 5-10 carries a game

7. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I think he'll lead the league. He's bound to get some long runs this year with the line we have. He's also very good at picking up bunches of yards in a hurry. I think he returns to the leagues leading rusher. Not because we're force feeding him but because there's actual holes.

You can't load the line anymore if Britt, Hunter and Wright get hot. Walker balances out the blocking attack and Levitre and Warmack consistently get CJ to the backers or safeties on inside zone plays.

I thnik CJ rushes for 1500+ and leads the league in rushing.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

This. I fully expect Green to get close to 200 carries no matter how good of a season CJ is having, it's better for the team and CJ isn't meant to be an every-down back.

Instead of worrying about padding CJ's stats, we should worry about winning games.

9. satkins2252

satkins2252 Starter

I think winning games increases rushing attempts.

If a team has the lead they are more likely to run and if they are behind they are more likely to pass.

I don't understand all this CJ hate. He has never failed to accomplish a 1000 yard season or failed to achieve 4 yards/carry or more. Eddie George only broke 4 yards per carry twice in his career and also failed to achieve 1000 yards in his sixth season. Also, over their first five years George averaged 1375 rushing yards compared to Johnsons 1378.

I think Eddie George was a great running back for our Titans, but I think Chris Johnson is equally great.

Another important fact is they both have been incredibly durable and reliable over their careers.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

Our guys like George over CJ Cause he spoke clearly didn't say anything dumb and lead us to some nice playoff runs. He did have A LOT better supporting cast lets be honest.'

Most of the guys on here don't like CJ cause he's ghetto and is a "me first" player but the guy has give us a 1000 yards each year and keeps on chugging. All his comments about the o-line have been true and he won't break down like Eddie did.

People worshipped McNair for the image of him but sadly we all realize that he wasn't much of a role model. I miss Steve but hell if I EVER forgave him and rolle going to the ravens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar