Chris Johnson: Adrian Peterson's 2097-yards aint sh*t

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, May 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Ideally you're probably right, but if he's getting 5-6-7 yards at a time we'll roll with him til he tires out.

I think he could possibly see upwards of 15 some weeks.

2. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

If he gets 15 carries in a game then that is just crazy b/c we have way too many better weapons unless CJ is just straight sucking and or if Jake is struggling!

3. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Well, he is a proven decent runner. He is also a proven flash in the pan with his 2k season. Once his "better than you" attitude took over he went down hill. Hey, I want to see the best from him. I just think it's funny that he gets glorified for having one outstanding season and Jake gets lambasted for not being stellar when everyone knows he was dealt a sh't hand.

As far as me not being a cj fan.... that's all the fault of :cj:. I loved the kid till he got the big head and held out.

I hope both Jake and cj1yd have record years. Just would like to see some fair treatment on the board.

4. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

There's that talk about the hold out, and people think I'm making it up when I say many still hold it against him. Can you please explain how he's a "flash in the pan" when he's run for over 1,000 yards since he entered the league?

2008: 1,228 yards
    2009: 2,006 yards
    2010: 1,364 yards
    2011: 1,047 yards
    2012: 1,243 yards

Obviously the 2k season was a statistical outlier but did you really expect him to approach that number consistently? The great Adrian Peterson had a 2k season too but never came close to that number again and one of his seasons was actually under 1,000 yards. C'mon man I get that a lot of people don't like CJ for whatever reason but to call him a "flash in the pan" isn't even accurate. I do agree that people need to lay off Jake a bit too so I am consistent.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I think people who call him that are more referring to his home run plays. It seems the stats are inflated a bit based on those, and for some reason fans don't like having those 80-yarders he breaks off, they would prefer it come in 10 8-yard runs.

6. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Right but that's really a dumb way of looking at it because those big runs lead to touchdowns or at least field goals. A guy who can rip off 60-80 yards before you can blink is a constant threat to burn you. Those big runs almost always put your team in a position to score, that's why guys like CJ are coveted. A guy can get you 3 yards everytime he runs and never put you in a position to score. First downs are important but touchdowns are what matter. You always take the big play/score. A first down is nice but for teams like ours was last year that's just a whole nother set downs to screw up with a pick/fumble. I'll take the big runs every time. No one goes into the draft looking for a slow and steady RB or WR, they want the big play guy, period.

7. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

I think how often Greene gets the ball will be decided on CJ's performance. Even though Munch said they would get a similar number of carries a month or so ago, I think CJ will be the deciding factor. I'll jut be pumped if we can start converting these 3rd and 2's to keep the O on the field. We'll score more points and our D will be better as they won't be spending all day on the field.

8. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

3rd and short will most likely be Greene regardless of CJ.

9. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

It may or may not be fair to rb s but in order to be considered a decent back, these days, getting at or over 1k is pretty much mandatory. And for cj, once u hit 2k and your mouth keeps talking 2k, anything less is a let down. Fair or not.

10. Fairweather Fan

Fairweather Fan Pro Bowler

Adrian Petersons 2k season was last year. He may very well hit that number again this year. It's cjs style of running that people don't like. He doesn't move the chains like Peterson does. Peterson is a violent runner. CJs numbers are inflated by the long runs. There are to many short and negative yard runs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar