Chris Johnson does it all for Titans in win

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Nov 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

MIAMI GARDENS Chris Johnson isn’t back to his 2009 form, when he ran his way into the record books with one big game after another.

The Titans running back freely admits it.

“That year,’’ Johnson said of his 2,006-yard season, “it was kind of like, “nobody can stop me.”

After another 100-yard rushing game in Sunday’s 37-3 win over the Dolphins, however, Johnson feels a sense of self-worth he didn’t have earlier in the season. Johnson became the first back in 23 games against the Dolphins to eclipse the 100-yard mark with his 126-yard performance against the Dolphins.

For Johnson, it was his fourth 100-yard game in the last seven games. He now has 862 yards on the season after managing just 45 during the first three weeks of the season.

“It was real difficult (early in the year),’’ Johnson said. “Obviously at the end of the day when you are not involved in the game, and you are standing on the sideline, it kind of makes you feel like the team don’t need you and it’s a situation where there is nothing you can do about it. But I knew I had to continue to work hard and stick with it.”

Johnson’s most memorable run Sunday was a 17-yard run for a touchdown which gave the Titans a 14-0 lead. On the play, he initially went to the right, but cut back to the left and maneuvered his way to the end zone at the end.

“That’s something he is special at,’’ Coach Mike Munchak said. ”On the sideline, you are going, “Oh my gosh, hit it.” He is looking, looking, looking. He is one of those guys who can stop and change direction and get back in gear and score

“…He is showing, and we are showing, the run game is what we thought it would be this year. It is improved. … I think he’ll finish with six strong weeks.”

Something that probably won’t make the highlights: Johnson’s block of Dolphins linebacker Karlos Dansby on Jake Locker’s 26-yard touchdown pass to tight end Jared Cook. If Johnson doesn’t pick up the blitzing Dansby, Locker likely would’ve taken a huge hit, and the Titans might not have scored.

“That is something you have to do when you want to become a complete back,’’ Johnson said. “Any time you are making $50 million, those are the things you have to do.”

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar