Chris Johnson says he wants the Titans to make him at least the highest paid RB.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OaiSHcHM0PA&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OaiSHcHM0PA&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. AH3

AH3 Rookie

He already has solid gold teeth. What more does he want?

On a more serious note, this isn't good, but I can't say I'm too surprised. He is a great player and certainly deserves it, but we have to be careful and not mess over our future by signing him to a ridiculous deal. Not that I'm worried about that, we are the Titans after all :ha:. Keep CJ happy! We need him, Britt, and VY around for the next few years at least.

4. tnyou

tnyou Guest

Give em the raise. He certainly deserves it. What kind of 2,000 yard RB gets paid 500k a year?

5. Assuming it's an uncapped year, I can see it. Otherwise, don't bet on it.

6. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

Not really worried about this right now to be honest. He's not "demanding" a new contract nor did he say that he's going to hold out or demand a trade. He said he'll be playing football next year regardless.

The kid does deserve some more money, next year's payout is a joke. I've been supporting a new contract for him, but I'd give him one more year. See how he does after a 2k season, and if he's in the top 5 of rushing yards next season, pay the man.

7. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Still too early to give him more money. The team needs to tell him that the upcoming season is when he earns his next contract. He has to prove that he can remain elite after leading the league in carries. After his 3rd year, he gets the big contract extension. That's how it normally works for RBs and there's no reason to accelerate the process just because he rushed for 2K yards.

8. amy

amy Starter

Give him some of what they're going to subtract from VY's contract. lol

Seriously, if the ones who have the money aren't willing to part with a little of it in order to keep CJ and Britt then we are bound to be at the bottom of the AFC heap for years to come. Cheap is as Cheap does.

9. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Um... who said anything about Kenny Britt?

And guys don't just willingly give their money to teammates. That is extremely, extremely rare in the NFL and there's no chance it will happen in this situation.

10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Manning restructured a year or two ago to help keep some of the Colts' stars. It does happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar