Chris Johnson set for surgery

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Laserjock, Jan 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

We should talk about a player worth while then.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Im going to give you those guys O-Lines grades for the year

Marshawn Lynch - (-21.4)
    Jamaal Charles - 11.5
    AP - 50.5
    Alfred Morris - 56.7
    Demarco Murray - 58.5
    Matt Forte - (-9)

Titans O-Line in 2013 - 20.5

3 of the NFL's best RB's have far worse O-Line's than Chris Johnson. Stop with the "its the O-line's fault". No its C.J.'s fault.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I have already conceded that CJ should restructure and his current production is not worth 8 mil. I have also gone on record as saying that if the team is better next season and he still under performs we should cut him and move on. I'm even willing to say that I think he's lost half a step but his 4.24 is most likely a 4.32-4.35 at this point. Still faster than at least 90% of the league.
    Here is my list of reasons for keeping CJ:

1. He's still one of the fastest RB in the league. You can't teach speed and sub 4.4 speed is fairly rare in a RB.
    2. He's a great pass blocker.
    3. He can be a threat out the back field on short routes and screens, we've already seen this.
    4. He still opens up the rest of the offense by making teams put extra men in the box and dare the QB to beat them.
    5. He is the most durable RB in the league and has been since he stepped into the league. As we've seen with Locker durability in your #1 is huge and can make or break your team.
    6. He's a terror in the open field and can hit the home run.
    7. Despite his ******* and sometimes selfish comments, Chris does not create problems in the locker room nor the community and does not get in trouble with the law. People have their speculations but for now that's all they are.
    8. Cutting him would only save us 4 mil this season.
    9. There is no RB currently on the market that will equal CJ's production in both the running and passing games and draw extra attention from the D. Even if there is one, he'll probably cost us 4 mil or more since I doubt we get any sort of discount.
    10. It is logical to assume that if the coaching hires work out and the line improves (both which I believe will happen) CJ can once again be a very dangerous, explosive, productive back. How many guys can we sit here and say that about that will only cost 4 mil?
    11. He ran behind a really bad line on a team that was no threat to pass and still put up respectable numbers. Not top 5 numbers by any stretch but still respectable considering the circumstances.

There you go. I can provide more reasons if pressed. You may not agree with all of these or any of these for that matter but rest assured that I can effectively argue each one of these points. Don't say we never provided you reasons.The issue isn't as one sided as many on this board would have you believe.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. JCBRAVE

He's a good pass blocker, yes, and so is a barrel of bananas. He's fast yes, so was Chris Henry.
    UrbanLegend3 dude, I respect you for sticking to your guns, but those aren't nearly good enough reasons to keep CJ.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I miss Donkey Kong Country.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. JCBRAVE

That was a good game. Best part was finding the rhinoceros

7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Are you a hipster too?

8. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Interesting because according to this list:
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/01/13/2013-offensive-line-rankings/4/

Lynch played behind the 26th best line
    AP behind the 6th best
    Morris behind the 3rd best
    Murray behind the 4th best
    Charles behind the 20th best line.

I didn't even include Forte but whatever, he had much better production behind a marginally worse O line (CJ 22nd, Forte 23rd).
    So 2 out of the 6 best RBs in the league played on worse lines than CJ. Why is that more significant than the 4 who played behind better lines? Because it fits your narrative better? Last I checked 4 is more than 2 so the fact that 4 of those guys played on better lines is twice as indicative of a correlation isn't it?

9. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

That's your opinion my friend and I'm sure many people would disagree with your assessment as you have with mine. Like I said before my aim isn't to convince you or anyone dead set against keeping the man since really it's pointless. I'm only trying to show that issue isn't one sided and that not everyone who supports keeping him is some deluded idiot. It's easy to shout your opposition down and call them fools so that you can ignore or dismiss them, it takes character to actually got toe-to-toe, point-for-point with them.

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

OH WOW PFF IS NOT RELIABLE AGAIN!

who would have ever thought you could use that website to argue the opposite stance on the same issue!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar