Chris Johnson set for surgery

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Laserjock, Jan 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

CJ probably still runs a 4.24-ish 40

At least he should be anyways. Not like he takes a lot of hits

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

CJ still has straight speed. Probably not 4.24, but at 29 does anyone really expect that?(TWW2 doesn't count) What CJ doesn't have anymore is the violent cutting ability. He used to stop on a dime and accelerate in and out of his cuts. You don't really see that anymore.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. 615nick

615nick Starter

You are kidding right? foles made the pro bowl, cutler and mccown combo, tony romo...these passing attacks are no threat??? And there is no way you think texans and skins have worse run blocking than us. No possible way you can say that all 5 of these guys didn't have better run blocking and a better passing threat. That shows the blind hate for cj

4. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I won't lie, I don't see as much of that either lately. I think his problem isn't that he isn't trying hard or straight up sucks but that he can be very indecisive at times. Those runs he appears to be "trying harder" during only look that way because he made quick decision and hit the whole with authority. I really believe this is due to him not trusting the O-line. I remember watching him be much more decisive during the 49ers game. He even had some nice runs up the middle. This was the first game that Turner's bum ass got benched and Schwenke started and the impact it had on CJ's confidence in the hole being there was huge. To me that is undeniable.

5. titans92790

titans92790 Starter

he couldn't even beat a cheetah guys...

6. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

Ahh internet hero who rushes to the defense without reading the whole thread.

That post was in regards to who are your top 5 rb in the league right now. It had 0 to do with run blocking or other factors. If you actually read the thread you would see I was one of the people defending CJ and saying we should keep him.

Of course you would have known all this if you would have just read the thread instead of coming out making off based accusations without any knowledge of what you were talking about.

:)

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

People can joke all they want about CJ not taking hits, but the fact is that CJ has been a very reliable RB that defenses have to worry about. He has more carries over the past 5 yrs than any other RB in the league. 60 more than AP who is 2nd in the league in number of carries over the last 5 yrs. This doesn't include his touches on pass plays which I'm sure is quite a bit more than most of the other RBs as well.

Has CJ lost a step...yes he has, but he still has a gear that is faster than most other players. I have never thought that CJ had great vision or was great at reading where the hole was going to be. Most of his big runs are when he knows where the hole is supposed to be and their actually is a hole there when he gets there. His speed then allowed him to get through the hole before the defender who was supposed to have that gap got there. Once he got past the 2nd level he was gone.

Plenty of people pound on CJ, but I can't imagine how bad the Titans would have been over this 5 yr span without CJ.

Is he worth 8mil at this point??? No he isn't, but the Titans are the ones to blame for giving him the deal. You can't blame CJ.

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

A very good assessment of our present.

9. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Hey CJ:

Larry Fitzgerald says he's "absolutely" willing to restructure his contract.
    "If that's what needs to be done, that's what needs to be done," Fitzgerald said in a Thursday radio interview. It iswhat needs to be done, as Fitz is set to count an untenable $18 million against the cap in 2014. That includes a $12.75 million salary. The Arizona Republic reported earlier this month that Fitz is not open to a straight pay-cut. If that's the case, the sides might not get far in restructure talks. A restructure, as opposed to a cut, would just push the bill down the line for Arizona.

Jan 30 - 1:31 PM

Colin Kaepernick said he wants there to be a "balance" between his upcoming contract and the 49ers' ability to sign free agents.
    It doesn't sound like Kaepernick is going to try to squeeze every dollar out of the 49ers in negotiations. "You want to be paid fairly for what you feel like you're doing in comparison to your peers," he said. "But at the same time, you have to realize, if we want to get Anquan Boldin back, if we want Donte Whitner to come back, we're going to have to make moves to get them back." In addition to those two unrestricted free agents, plenty of other core 49ers are eligible for extensions. Michael Crabtree, Aldon Smith and Mike Iupati will each be seeking monster paydays.

Source: Sacramento Bee
    Jan 30 - 12:26 PM​

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar