Chris Johnson set for surgery

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Laserjock, Jan 27, 2014.

1. 615nick

615nick Special Teams Standout

been on a road trip, not a good accuse I kno. But, you got me my bad. Unlike most people on here I'll admit when I'm wrong.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  2. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion Tip Jar Donor

I was just playing anyway.
  3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The decision to keep CJ or not should come from the new head coach and it should be a football decision only not a financial one. I would like to see what Whiz can do with CJ and Greene both and what should be an improved offensive line.

I don't want the excuse that our offensive was sub par because of a lack of play makers.
    • High Five High Five x 2
  4. Titans2004

Titans2004 Starter

And that is why I just don't see us in need of cap space that bad to be forced to cut him before FA starts.
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

What exactly do you think our cap situation is for 2014?

We're only $8M under the cap, thats pretty bad considering we have Verner, Pollard, and Pitoitua to re-sign.
  6. Titans2004

Titans2004 Starter

My plan right now would be to cut Stewart and Fitzpatrick and designate Wimbley a post june 1 cut. Making those 3 moves puts us at 21.5mil. I would then extend Nate Washington to lower his cap hit this yr by 2-3mil. So we have around 24mil to work with starting FA.
  7. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Starter

No one honestly believes we'll go through the off season with only 8 mil to play with.
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

Thats a plan. And if we cut CJ we save another $4M now, and another $13M after 2014. Seems the way to go and be able to keep Pollard and sign a free agent D-Lineman.
  9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Don't see how you can talk about CJ and not include finance. That is a big part of the issue with him.
  10. 615nick

615nick Special Teams Standout

Man I like pollard but, I think we should wait and see who's available. He is a good leader and our d did player better with him in there. But, he can't cover and gets a lot of calls against him. If we can't get another guy that the fo feels can replace him then resign him, but I would rather have ward.