Chris Johnson: Titans still have work to do in run game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Oct 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Running back Chris Johnson is coming off a 141-yard game against the Texans, and now he has his sights set to a Minnesota defense that’s ranked seventh in the NFL in run defense.

Johnson said on Thursday the team hasn’t solved all it’s problems, but he’s encouraged.

“I feel like we have to be more consistent,’’ he said. “I don’t feel like one game has solved the problem, really. I feel like we took a big step, but we can’t say we solved all the problems. We have to be consistent and do it week after week.”

Source: Titans Insider

Attached Files:

2. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

CJ is saying the right things, here's hoping he backs it up with another good effort.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

In other words, if his line fails him, he'll let us know it wasn't his fault. Same ol CJ, same result. I'd be happy if he got 50-60 yards, but I have a bad feeling.

4. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

If your a rb and your line fails you, then it is not your fault! As in the they did on most of his carries the first 3 weeks!

5. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

I still wish CJ wouldn't talk about his line struggling. That said, if the Titans are running the right blocking scheme and the line don't struggle, CJ can still be a beast.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. JCBRAVE

I think what you're missing is that RB's create their own holes if they're good. CJ hasn't done that in quite some time. He did it some last week, but that was the first time in a long time.

7. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

He didnt really create any holes last week. He just hit the holes like he used too b/c there were holes. RB's that can create their own holes are power backs and I know you prefer this kind of rb but that is not CJ.

8. JCBRAVE

He did create holes, with his eyes.

Watch his head when he's running well, he looks off defenders. I saw very little of that last year and the first 3 games.

9. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

He had good vision last week, took what the D gave him and go figure, he had a good game. If he takes what the vikings give him instead of dancing and looking for the big play, the yards will come. I'd rather get 3 than -5.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar