Chris Johnson told reporters Wednesday that he is "of course" prepared to hold out.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Jun 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

[​IMG]

He did get 1100+ yards in a season once, however.

2. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

CJ has let his demands be known. He wants $30 - $40 MM in guaranteed money.

Link

3. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

i mean, if you really think that we bring in WRs cuz they block good... then i dunno bout you. certainly, we value hands, route running, speed, agility, character/attitude more than we value blocking in a WR... you must agree with this?

also... yea, other people did their job when CJ went off for 70 yards. this is the big leagues, one man isnt going to tear apart 11 top atheletes on a regular basis by himself

CJ pwns

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I guess it's just some strange coincidence that all our WRs outside of Lavelle are great blockers. And Lavelle doesn't get to play unless it's passing downs at the ends of games. Hmmm... and the other WRs aren't particularly good at any other 1 thing that they all have in common.
    We value blocking in every position. Probably more than any other team does. This is why we can plug-n-play pretty much any back. Like a Travis Henry that everyone thought was done for. Like a Chris Brown that no one expected anything from, and he was breaking records behind our line. It's no coincidence. It's the system.

Terrell Davis was a good back too. But I think he knew half of it was Denver's system. CJ just isn't that smart.

5. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

i think we just bring in WRs that just arent very good and it turns out that their best contribution to the team is the one that requires the least amount of athletic ability (standing in front of a littler dude who, for the first few seconds of the play, is tryin to stay in front of you in the first place)

i think what your proving is that solid RBs are a dime a dozen in the NFL... i.e. Tatum Bell, Pierre Thomas, Steve Slaton, tashard choice, tim hightower, brian westbrook, frank gore, marion barber, brandon jacobs, sproles, ryan grant etc etc

were all 3rd round or higher picks.

travis henry and chris brown were talented dudes in a run first system and they put up decent numbers, like the 15 or so dudes i mentioned

but no one else in the league could put up 2000 yards in a season

6. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Give us AP, MJD, even Deangelo Williams last year, and give them as many carries as CJ got and they'd probably reach 2000 yards assuming they were able to stay healthy.

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

The list is probably bigger than that.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I don't think any Titans fan hates CJ. He was our whole team last season.

What people hate is his selfish attitude and the fact that he's demanding more money than he deserves at this point in his career.

9. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Somebody has never actually done any stalk blocking before....

It is much easier said than done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar