Chris Johnson - Would You Draft Him Today?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by nate42104, Aug 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

After seeing Chris Johnson and other potential 1st round draft picks the forum was crossing their fingers for as the draft unfolded, who would you have picked with that 1st round pick we had knowing what you know today?

2. reo

reo Starter

Chris Johnson in the 1st.
    Jason Jones in the 2nd. (going to be a beast as well)

Shaping up to be a VERY good draft.

3. mcmojo

mcmojo Starter

Yes, without reservation.

4. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

I liked CJ then, and like him even more now. So, yes.

5. titansfan4eva24

titansfan4eva24 VY 4 Life

not a question

6. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

ummmmm...... yes. I would trade up to get him.

7. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Between him and Desean J. I think they will both have an impact this year.

8. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I liked CJ coming into the draft, the only real question was was he worth our 1st. I didn't fault the front office at all for taking him where they did, and I was really excited. But I think he's looked a little better that I expected (well except for KO returns).

I think the bigger question is would I have taken Jones in the 2nd. From what I saw of him, I thought he could be on our list for 3rd-4th round. 2nd was a surprise, but not as surprising as his play so far.

OTOH, we've drafted guys like Henry, Williams, and Davis last year....not saying we're always knocking it out of the park :-/

9. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I've liked CJ more than I thought I would and he should help out a lot. However, if I could do it over I would draft DeSean Jackson. I know it takes a little longer for a WR to develop than a RB but so far Jackson looks really good and will probably be starting for Philly as early as week 1. He just looks to me like he's the real deal and he's the WR I wanted from the start. He also fills a bigger need than CJ does.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

probably not.

i haven't gotten to watch the final pre-season game, but the concerns i had before the draft are still there. i don't think he can be a full-time starter or a full-time running back. if lendale white goes down for a game or two i think we're in serious trouble.

i think he'll be a better weapon than i originally thought, but to be a first round pick you need to be able to do it all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar