Chris Johnson

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Ubiq, Feb 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alpha-Centuri

Alpha-Centuri Starter

that's true, but I hope its more like a Deangelo Williams case. He too was drafted in the 1st. and although he ran inside some, his strength was bouncing out, and even catching the short routes,bubble screens and stretching them into 15, 20 yd passes. Williams put up good numbers last year, and was one of their better playmakers while getting the lesser amount of the carries to DeShaun Foster.

2. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Yes he would fill some positions on our team like 3rd down back, return man, and occasional slot reciever. But I'm not jumping to get him at the #24 pick because of an outstanding 40 time. I like Chris don't get me wrong he's an absolute blazer on the field and could bring a new dimension with his big play ability and outside running but I just don't think at 24 he's what we need.

3. Alpha-Centuri

Alpha-Centuri Starter

My philosophy is if you really want a player, you get him if you don't think he'll be there the next time you pick. I've noticed that Fisher seems to do that also. I just hope he makes sure the player that he wants is actually good this time :ha: :obvious:

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Dinger would have a field day making up plays for Chris Johnson. Draws, screens, toss pitches, post patterns (Dinger ran these type of plays when we had Fleming) you name it. The kid has the versatility to line up in the back field AND split out at WR. His speed would force teams to keep a CB on him. He has great hands. Also, sure he isn't 225 and can hammer the ball 30 times a game but he isn't 170 pounds either. 5'11, 200 isn't real puny and because he is 5'11 he could get a little heavier without losing much speed. Add in that he is a great KRer even if he can't be an everydown back he would be good value at #24. He needs to be considered.

5. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Correction: Chris Johnson needs to be HEAVILY considered. Fortunately for the Titans, he is. Sorry to those who only think inside the box.

Reggie Bush went #2 overall. This kid Johnson is two inches shorter, 10 pounds lighter, and almost a full TENTH of a second faster. And, Reggie Bush has not had great success running up the middle either. Didn't hurt him his rookie year.

Thing is, post-combine (and same with Sweed) there is a chance he could go higher than our pick. Perhaps the Cowboys think he could be the perfect compliment to Marion Barber, for instance.

Also, what got me going on this notion a few weeks ago, was when I learned he has split time at WR. This kid can go any direction the offense needs him to go. That's why he's being considered. It doesn't matter if he's going to be proficient running between the tackles. He wouldn't be drafted for that purpose. Also let's you know that LenDale White is fairly secure for the moment.

7. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

I agree. There is no limit to what you can do with this guy.

Before people start comparing him to Chris Henry, just realize that he actually produced in college. I can't say that enough. He averaged 240 all-purpose yards a game, had 3,005 total. In January, NFLDraftScout.com had him rated as the #2 RB, ahead of Mendenhall and Stewart. If he would have played in the Senior Bowl then there's no telling where he would be projected right now. His stock wasn't built at the combine, it was only raised.

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Nice comment. Agree wholeheartedly.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I would rather get this guy for a much lower draft pick.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=127

Lions don't need him. He becomes a free agent next year so maybe even as low as a 5th rd pick could get us that speed back or change of pace back so many of you think we need. His career ypc is 4.8 and he has 2 seasons over 900 yards..

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Rivals wrote that Johnson had by far the fastest 10 yard and 20 yard times which means he is unbelievably explosive off the LOS. That is the kind of speed that will work either lining up as a WR or returning kicks. His 10 yard time was a blistering 0.08 seconds faster than the next fastest 10 yard time. That is quick and that is the kind of quickness that translates well on the field.

http://nfldraft.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=778379

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar