Chris Johnson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanium, Aug 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

OK so I'm trying to get back into the swing of NFL Football things.....

So here's an idea that should rile up the natives.

If Chris Johnson doesn't sign with another team soon, I say the Titans should sign him to return kicks and/or punts. Now, we would probably not pay him much more than league min., and he would probably have to play special teams as well, but give the guy some non-contact head start on running up the field and he could be PacMan like ;-)

I don't think CJ's ego will let him sign with a team that would utilize him for kick returns and special teams, but it's just a thought.

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 5
    • Cheers Cheers x 2
  2. Montreal

Montreal Special Teams Standout

Coming from a big CJ fan, This makes no sense for the titans. We would have to pay him vet min when we could use a rookie like Mcbride in that spot for less (and save a roster spot). Also this would be without the EGO and possible media distractions that CJ would bring.

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Chris Johnson has been as pedestrian as that word allows. There are easily 5 available free agent RBs still in better position to sign than he is. CJ avoided contact at all costs, and with a recent gunshot wound he's even less likely to be any good at football.

As of now I don't have a concern at RB, there's no one I'd want to go out and add at this point, including former Titans.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

No No no no no no no.....CJ-1k is done.....

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  5. RTH

RTH Meh...

Only way I'd consider bringing him back is if he could punt really well.

But our punter is good, so no.

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Oh hell, just bring in Ray Rice before it comes to that..

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

I know that's sarcastic but I think Ray Rice would be a good addition to this team and that he still has more in the tank.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Based on what?

2011 was the last season Ray Rice was worth a damn, by the end of 2012 he lost a step..

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

lol no

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Based on he's not Chris Johnson.
    As Thakur stated - :sarcasm:

• LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar