Chris Johnson's weaknesses?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tackhead #9, May 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smileyforall

smileyforall Da Blue Mamba

Thats true but hes not superman. His game is running elusive with spped not power, thats what lendale is for(arguably).

2. MOB-TARCIZ21

MOB-TARCIZ21 Camp Fodder

Seriously??? I live in Fla so i don't see every game but the ones i did see dude broke tackles. his style is to get you off balance then hit you with a stiff arm....not so much running you over but still he can break tackles.

i think hes weakness is running routes out of the backfield.....think of him on screen play like the chargers do with LT (sick nasty) this would free up passes to Cook down the middle

CIZZLE

3. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I thought this was actually one of his stronger points, which surprised me. :hmm:

4. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

kryptonite

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Breaking tackles is getting hit and staying on your feet...

6. kimberly

kimberly Camp Fodder

his only glaring weakness to me is his hands! once he is able to make catches on a more consistant basis, which i think will be soon, then he is gonna be just that much more unstoppable!!!

7. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Honestly I disagree with many of these. He ran upright for a whole season and only got hurt in the last game because of the dirty Ravens. Eddie George ran the same way, upright; yes two different body styles and running styles, doesn't matter (he's obviously getting the job done).

Show boating on the field does need to be turned down a bit; it's funny, but it's also disrespectful. Football is a sport that you don't want to disrespect your opponent if you can avoid it; on each play the offense and defense are "supposedly" going 100% right at each other. If you follow my logic.

His hands I can agree with some, but I think a lot of the bobbles and drops we saw last season were a direct result of not being prepared enough for the screen game. He either wouldn't be expecting the ball, or Kerry would give him a lame toss or put it at some wierd trajectory for him to get it. I fully expect to see him excel in the screen game this season; that is where he is really going to burn defenses for us this season (especially if we get our pass game started).

Breaking tackles...he doesn't do it as much as LenDale (yes, go ahead throw ur hate, cuz I know my man LenWhale doesn't do it enough either, for a fat man), but he still is shifty. He makes it hard for defenders to make good enough contact with him to bring him down on the first hit. Even if he does run upright; he's already small enough that he's low enough to the ground to have the advantage of physics...that is unless he's coming through a hole or around the edge and just straight up gets smacked by a blitzing defender..

Pass protection would be the one I agree with the most.

8. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I understand that, and he's a great back, it's just his one glaring weakness that I saw. I also understand that his amazing speed is also a detriment to breaking tackles i.e. it's more difficult to break tackles getting hit while running that fast. I don't even bust his balls about pass catching. I thought he did alright in that area considering the situations he was put in and the balls that were being thrown his way. Yeah, he dropped a couple easy ones, but every back does. I thought he actually made some great grabs on balls I thought were uncatchable.

9. smileyforall

smileyforall Da Blue Mamba

Yeah Ill add to that, I think it was the first ravens game when he outjumped two defenders to get the ball like a WR.

10. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

his head.....

he might be forgetting that he runs behind possibly the line in football...behind possibly the best fb in the game too....really...how hard can it be for furure 'mvp 'mr 4.24' ....need i say more

his head....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar