Chris Johnson's weaknesses?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tackhead #9, May 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

:eek:

Why would you post highlights from the playoff game?! I think you might very well go to hell for that one!

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Blaize - he usually goes down VERY easily. A few examples out of 200+ carries isn't much to argue with that.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Seriously, did you even watch the kid play last year? Sure on some of those long runs he basically exploded by people and was hardly touched but the kid broke tackles all the time.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'm seeing a lot of posts saying Chris Johnson doesn't 'break' tackles. No, he doesn't 'break' tackles. However he does in fact throw off would-be tacklers by shaking them up and running through them, giving the illusion that he runs them over. I still believe that's nothing close to his weakness though. It's the showboating just before he scores that gets me worried. If not a single defender was near him then okay, but he taunts them from 3 feet away!

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Don't need to break many tackles when the defender can't get a hand on you.

CJ needs to work on picking up the blitz, being more consistent receiving and avoiding taunting penalties.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Fishman35

Fishman35 Starter

Seriously folks, he was a ROOKIE last year. :yes:

Do his hands need work? Why yes, but they will get better.

Will get get better at breaking tackles? I'm sure, but it is better to just avoid them like he did most of the time.

Upright running? He did not run upright ALL the time, and he went in low shoulder when needed. Speedsters get their speed from being upright.

Vision? He outruns his blockers. He can improve, but for a rookie, I am impressed that he held onto the football 99% of the time.

He will never be a punch-in back. The Titans still need a White\Henry type runner for goal line and 3rd\4th and 1-2 situations.

I think this kid is a superstar in the making. I know it is the off season and we are all bored to tears.

7. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

We need to trade Henry, and get some value for a wasted 2nd round pick. Ofcourse let him go through the mini-camps and let him bring competition at training camp, but I wouldn't mind making a trade. Come on we are the Titans so I'm not suggesting a blockbuster trade, but maybe just a simple player and pick for another player. Just get a player back that would add more depth to a position we need it.

Johnson, White, Ringer

^ will be the RB order this year. Henry certainly isn't going on the practice squad. I'd rather trade him then let a team pick him up for free.

Maybe get more depth in the Secondary (CB)...or LB...possibly Dline (even though I think we have a good group for DLine).

8. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Sure did. I also watched Steve Slaton and Maurice Jones-Drew play quite a bit last season. They don't have CJ's elite speed, but they can break tackles, and did pretty damn good for themselves. CJ's a great back, but IMO, Slaton did much better, and that's because he has the best combination of speed, run power, elusiveness, and tackle breaking ability. I'm not knocking CJ. He's a great back, but to deny that he has room for improvement is asinine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar