Chris Palmer and the Run Game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ColtKiller, Dec 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I agree. I still think Palmer needs to be upgraded, but still its way easy too complain when its not your job/reputation/career/$$$s at risk.

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I agree with that. I just think the "any criticism whatsoever = you think you're better than the coach" line of thinking is super lame and silly. This is a Titans discussion forum. So it makes sense that coaches and their decisions are a topic of discussion.

I'm extremely confident that if I cared enough to take the time to do so I could pull up examples of every single member here criticizing coaching at some point. It's just what fans do.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Just because I am not an OC doesn't mean I cant look at someone and tell they are making idiotic calls.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You're talking about Bruce Matthews then? cause when Munchak was the O-Line coach,things were fine.
    It's not the blocking schemes, it's the lack of execution. Early on I'd have agreed that it was the zone blocking that was hurting us, but C.J. has made some great plays while they zone blocked. it's on Amano, he f#cking sucks monkey c#ck.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

lol

I guess MM is waiting till the math says the season is over to 'experiment' with the OL

6. JCBRAVE

I want a real G-D center. And it seems like we'll be in a nice spot to draft one.

If Peter Konz comes out, he'd be nice to have assuming he's healthy of course.

7. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Palmer did not abandon the run until we got down 22-10 with 7minutes left in the game.

Problem was that the Saints held onto the ball so long that we just didn't have a ton of offensive plays. The running attack clearly wasn't working either. Here are the results of our first 10 runs... -1, 2, 3, 3, -1, 2, 9, 0, 2, 4... I don't blame Palmer for getting away from it when it is sucking.

I think Palmer has made a much more concerted effort to use CJ in different situations. He is willing to line him up at WR more and clearly has designed some new wrinkles that have worked.

The main problem has been the interior OL and their lack of consistency.

We need to spend some FA money to bring in the best interior OL available and then draft in the 3rd rnd another interior OL.

It would help Locker's development tremendously to have a solid Interior OL.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

just flip back Harris and Amano and cut Scott too give Otto/Matthews a chance

9. JCBRAVE

For those hoping we add some talent inside this offseason, here are some names to consider;

Possible draft picks
    C - Peter Konz
    C - Ben Jones
    G - David DeCastro
    G - Cordy Glenn
    G - Kelechi Osemele
    G - Lucas Nix
    G - Kevin Zeitler
    G - Senio Kelemete

All the names above are considered right now to be top 100 prospects.

Scheduled 2012 NFL Free Agents
    C - Jeff Saturday
    C - Nick Hardwick
    C - Matt Birk
    C - Andre Gurode
    C - Olin Kreutz
    G - Derrick Dockery
    G - Carl Nicks
    G - Ben Grubbs

All the Centers I named are past their prime and smaller than Amano, but IMO are all better.

10. JCBRAVE

Nothing Otto or Matthews have done leads me to believe they're long term solutions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar