Chris Palmer

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by wrench248, Dec 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcmojo

mcmojo Starter

I'm not sure I agree with this. If Hasselbeck is in the game, I think the 3rd and 1 call makes sense. He is a vet and is pretty accurate and can make that throw. Locker was not accurate yesterday - less than 50% completion percentage. Don't ask him to make a throw like that at that point in the game with that much time left for your tired defense to come out and stop the Saints offense again. It just doesn't make any sense.

Second, the Titans have proven they can pick up one or two yards on 4th downs all season long. I would trust them to get one yard in two attempts.

Third, a few people mentioned CJ not getting the first down on his run that set up the 3rd and 1 pass play. It was 2nd and 10 and CJ thought he had a chance to make a big play - why wouldn't he try to get more in that position? He knew that the team still had 3rd and 4th down to get one measly little yard. How was he to know that Palmer would decide to go for broke on 3rd down instead of just running a couple of times and getting a new set of downs?

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

the problem with the third and 1 bomb was that even if successful there was too much time on the clock and Brees only needed a FG too win.

3. TitanT

TitanT Pro Bowler

I like the call but timing made it a bad. Chris has to consider that Jake just got the tar knocked out of him then send him out for his next play for a 30 yard floater when it's third and 1'. I was hoping for a shorter pass for the first down.

4. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I loved Troy Aikman's reaction to the handoff. He was just like, "Well, I don't agree with that call." As if he had no idea what idiocy he just witnessed.

5. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Yep.
    That was the basic reaction on the radio as well, including post game show.
    It was like "yeah.....we don't have any clue on that. Next caller."
    Everyone was to baffled to complain or rationalize it. :grrhee:

6. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

You guys are forgetting that stupid pitch to CJ that Palmer picked up straight out of Madden.

Left me SMH for the rest of the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar