Chris Palmer??

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, Mar 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

What do you guys think of him after one year? I personally believe that he is a complete scrub and is the main reason that Peyton decided to not come here. Im sure Eli warned Peyton about him and that's why he went to denver instead. I also think his play calling is horrid and to predictable. He did run a few cool plays with CJ last year when he came from the wr position and they pitched him the ball which got him at least 10 yards but we only ran it twice for some stupid reason!!!! What do you guys think?

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Don't care for him, but I can assure you he wasn't the reason Gayton turned us down.

3. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

I really don't like him. His playcalling is bad, and he is know for developing QB's. The QB's he has developed: Carr, Couch, and Brunell. Not a very good resume.

4. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

One year, in the situation they were in, is way too early to make an accurate judgment imo.

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I did indeed hear that Manning found Palmer inflexible on the offense/playbook. Grain of salt but this was discussed on 104.5 - and would be straight up a reason not to pick TN if true..

6. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Manning never wanted in TN imo. we were a bargaining chip and nothing more, not even a consideration.

7. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Last 2 drives vs the Saints.. Enough said

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

The passing offense was better than it has been since McNair's heyday. The run sucked. Let's see what happens when we fix the line.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The passing game was very good last year despite having a noodle arm QB and Britt being hurt so I don't get the hate. Also, our future franchise QB looked pretty good running the offense. Now the running game could use some work but between CJ running like a wuss early and the OL getting blown up I'm not sure all that can be blamed on the OC. Not sure what you guys expect. We didn't have Brady at QB and although we had decent weapons we lacked a true deep threat when Britt went down. This was the first year in that system with limited pre-season work. I actually think Palmer is fine for now. Give him another year.

By the way Manning selected the Broncos. So who in their wildest dreams thinks they have any clue how to run an offense. The Broncos with Orton at QB sucked big time. Fox is more conservative than Fisher ever dreamed of being. Hass meanwhile had his second best passing year of his career.

The other thing is the Colts offense that Manning came from wasn't anything fancy. They just ran a few plays real well.

10. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

That's true. One play they ran well that I wish we'd steal is the stretch play they used to run with Edge. I think it would be a PERFECT play for CJ and Locker to run together. Let CJ hit the edge with speed, let Locker PA and boot off of it... would be money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar