Chris Polk would be perfect.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by BeatADeadColt, Nov 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

This is part of what is so frustrating right now. We used a 16th pick on a De. We used 2nd rd picks on Jones and Marks. We just drafted 3 D-linemen in this last draft. The fact we would still be needy at that position is frustrating.

So what you are saying is that despite major expense of draft capital by this GM for the D-line position we still should draft there and despite making CJ a top paid RB we need to draft there.

Those are 2 positions we need to wait on. Resign Jones and hope Morgan can play at a high level.

2. BeatADeadColt

BeatADeadColt Camp Fodder

I'm not looking at the wasted money, I'm looking at the wins and losses.

I think our defensive line is worse than our offensive line... So we should draft there. Marks was a bad pick, so was Casey I think. I'm starting to think the same about Morgan, despite how much I liked that pick. At the very least he's a huge injury liability. Wasn't Pierre-Paul still available to us. I don't think JJ's resigning one way or the other. It's not up to us there.

So that leaves the O-line with a couple holes, compared to the Dline which is really just one big hole. Even bigger than yo moms's. Lol, jk.

I think our RBs are worse than our WRs... So we should draft there.

Don't make it more complicated than it has to be.

Yeah it sucks about CJ, but you're really gonna keep this guy on the team just because we wasted money on him? Nah man, that's just more wasted money. Cut him not and take the loss.

And I meant McCarthy and not McGrath.

I don't think you can make decisions based on past F ups. That just makes for a bigger F up. In fact the whole past decade has been one giant F up when it comes to first round draft picks.

Here's a list of all the first round picks in the 2000s. Notice there is not one star player, and more than half are long gone from Nashville.

2000 Andre Dyson - below average 2nd CB

2001 Albert Haynesworth - Overrated DT, and we all know how that turned out

2002 Andre Woolfolk - The overall DUMBEST draft pick in Titans history. What was the story, we got him to shadow Andre Johnson?

2003 Ben Troupe - In fairness, we didn't have a first round pick this year. I still bet there were better players on the board in the second round.

2004 Pacman Jones - God. You know the story.

2005 Vince Young - Wanted to kill himself. Put up horrible numbers. Never won anything. Took out the longest tenured coach in football with him. (not that I loved Fisher at all). Constantly said stupid sh!+ in the media. Had a few bar fights. But mosttttttt disturbingly was pictured dancing nekkid in a room full of dudes and seemingly no chicks. Ugh.

2006 Micahel Griffin - Alright... Well. Alright. At least you can't call it a bust. Still for a first round pick?

2007 - Chris Johnson - Did well for three years with three teams that had no chance to go anywhere because of the lack of a QB. Suddenly a QB falls into our lap and everything's in place, and he decides to lose all his abilities. Thanks CJ.

2008 - Kenny Britt - Always hurt, and doesn't know when you see cops throw the blunt. Dude your a millionaire... Are you telling me that was really the last of your weed? Come on MAN. COME ON MAN!

2009 - Derrick Morgan - Always hurt.

And thus ends the worst decade of draft history in the NFL ever, ever, ever, ever, period.

I think drafting some D lineman from LSU and Chris Polk and then a center in the third round is a wonderfully fantastic idea. D line and RB are the biggest issues. If a good RB that knows our QB falls into our lap in the second round, then I say take him.... Totally dude.

3. tomachek2009

tomachek2009 LEGEND

You have to one the most least intelligent people on this form :grrr:

2010: Gaints picked Pierre-Paul 1 Spot ahead of us and we got Morgan
    2009: Gaints picked 1 spot ahead of us to get Nicks and we got Britt
    2008: Steelers picked 1 spot ahead of us and got Mendenhall we got Johnson

ALL GUYS WE WERE HIGH ON, ALL GUYS THAT ARE PRODUCING, ALL GUYS THAT GOT PICKED 1 PICK AHEAD OF US- to me this look like all these positions were pressing needs at the time and we settle for the next best player at that position

"2002 Andre Woolfolk - The overall DUMBEST draft pick in Titans history. What was the story, we got him to shadow Andre Johnson?" was suppose to be one of the greatest corners coming out of college however did turn out to be a bust but he was suppose to be good THATS THE PART OF DRAFTING YOU DONT KNOW FOR SURE IF THEY WILL BE GREAT OR BLOW

"2001 Albert Haynesworth - Overrated DT, and we all know how that turned out" Do you remember our 2008 season? When our secondary played at a pro bowl level? Because of the difference Albert made applying pressure? Enough Said!

Now on Morgan he is not always hurt. He did get draw of bad luck with the ACL TEAR his rookie year and I believe he came back too soon, but he is showing promise on being a good DE

Britt on the other hand is cursed with the injury bug but HE IS ONE OF OUR BEST PLAY MAKERS WHEN HEALTHY. With the talent at Reciever this year wasting a first round pick is pointless when more than one will drop out of the first round into the SECOND OR THIRD.

What we do need is another STUD d-lineman like Albert
    Marks, Smith can go just fat waste- Casey is showing promise and Klug is our situational pass rusher

Second is a legit linebacker AN IMPACT ONE LIKE BULLUCK- You groom ayers and mccarthy than you get a play making linebacker than we should be set for a long time

We need to find two legit lineman in the draft or via free agents Velasco will be a starter next year or not this year get SCOTT, AMANO, HARRIS OUT OF THEIR- so that leaves a center and guard of need- unless they are smart enough to move harris back to center if he can still play at the level he did their a few years ago

One of the more pressing needs is Safety get rid of Hope, Babs is a good fill in guy but we need someone who can cover and play the run not just one this can be feel in the draft or free agency

Last Chris Johnson (i am not a fan of him at all) but his production along with ringer and harper is the result of a bad line- you see more out of ringer and harper because they dont dance in the backfield however they still are not getting the yardage they should be- like an arian foster ben tate combo

With jamie harper being drafted so early i doubt we see a draft wasted on rb after paying chris and it looks like the front office wants chris

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

For one, this should be in the NFL draft section, where we have been talking about draft prospects since the season started lol. I'm always thinking about the draft.

Polk is a solid RB, and could be available in the 3rd. As you said with Ray Graham, LaMichael James, Nick Barnor, and Richardson all coming into the draft this year there are some solid RBs. Richardson is the ONLY RB I see going in the 1st. Look at last year, RBs just aren't worth a 1st anymore. I mean Ingram was a great college RB, perfect NFL body, mirrors Emmitt, Heisman Winner, BCS Champion... and goes 28th overall.

I'm against drafting a runningback early, we have to many other needs like OG, OC, SS, WR, LB, DE, DT. Especially the fact that no name undrafted rookies can make an impact now. Not to mention we have a 4th rounder from last year waiting for a shot.

5. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. A lot of folks on here were saying how Locker had no weapons, then I see someone with a mock draft who wants us to draft Polk and their WR Kearse. Heck, when I've watched Washington this year, they seem to make circus catch after circus catch and the announcers rave about their receiver core.

6. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Oh, and I also get tired of people saying that Derrick Morgan always gets hurt. He has had one injury in his football career and then missed the beginning of this season because of an infection from that surgery.

7. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

no thanks... we have ringer and harper already... why draft another HB.. do you expect to see a new HB for every play?
    our needs are mostly defensive due to the fact that we need to make stops..

8. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it would be foolish to depend on Kenny to be there for us the entire season. All 3 years he's been in the league he's been out with some type of injury and missed time. He's a beast when he's in there but when he's out you can trace the decline of our team to when he goes out. We were 5-2 last year, he goes out and we end up 6-10, losing 8 of the last 9. This year we're a little bit better but not much. Our offense looks anemic at times.

All that being said we don't need a #2 or #3 WR, we need a 1B WR. Someone who is capable of the same things Kenny does who will keep our offense from falling off the face of the earth when Kenny is hurt. My top option would be to sign one of the guys in FA like Dwayne Bowe. I doubt we do that since we never seem to like to spend as much money as those players will comman. The second option is to take WR and take them high. You have a much better chance of "hitting" on a guy if you take him early. There are 5 guys I really like: Blackmon, Jeffrey, Floyd, Broyles, and Toon. All would be great compliments to Kenny.

It's great that Kenny is coming back and I hope as much as everyone else that he stays healthy, but he hasn't proven it yet. Let's not be foolish like we have been the past 2 years and think he's going to be healthy the whole season. Let's have a backup plan. If Kenny is there, our offense is that much better. If he's out hurt, at least we'd have a capable replacement that can be a true number 1 when Kenny is out.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

This team is good now, all we're missing is a Mike Tolbert type RB. We need someone who can smash through defenders.

10. madeupdreams

madeupdreams Starter

There's no way we should burn draft picks on a running back when we have so many other areas that need an upgrade.

Arian Foster says hello.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar