Chris Simms is back in Tennessee

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Lava, Apr 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Is it a fact or isn't it... That once Collins was relieved of sabotaging our team, that we won the very first game he sat for?

Going 0-6 was Karmas way of telling Jeff 'he f-ed up' for starting Kerry over Vince.

2. lateknight

lateknight Master Opinionist

That D was Bad but one has to remember why. New d coordinator Calls were suspect at times, aging CBs that couldn't cover and a d line that couldn't get pressure. All that being said they were effective in spurts. Unfortunately because we had numerous three and outs it left them out on the field far to long so that got exposed. By the time the new England game happened, after the first three offensive series I think our d jus said screw it. If the o isn't gonna execute we're not either. I don't think it was intentional but it did happen. Second half of the season the d was on the field for short periods of time and had rest between which made a world of difference.

So yeah I would say Kerry had a lot to do with us being 0-6. He was the manager of that dreadful offense right?

3. joelmunroe

joelmunroe Camp Fodder

Even if Vince started I would be shocked if we didn't lose at least 4-5 of those games, and maybe all 6. So really at the end of the day all that would have done is put a big dent in Vince's hall of fame W-L record.

Starting fresh this year I feel he has himself in a great position to prove his worth and maturity, I'm hopeful he can make the most of it.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I like the idea of a mediocre veteran be it Collins or someone esle. But a craptastic young qb does nothing for me. I haven't even seen a glimpse from Simms. He's 4 years removed from being bad. And it's gone downhill since.

5. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Three QBs, yeah right. I imagine we'll drop one of them before the regular season starts.

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

That could only be possible if Collins was a DB..

So what was Karma telling Jeff when Collins led the team to their best record since Vince became a Titan?

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I'd guess this could be in response to KC's reluctance to take a pay-cut.. Which indeed could result in his release.

8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I would love if KC got released! Won't happen though.

Good solid depth pickup.

9. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Yeah cause vince clearly only managed the game against the cardinals and the dolphins!!!!

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

So The Titans have zero experience at backup and a starting QB that has never managed to make it thru a 16 game season without getting injured? Is that why you want him released?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar