Chris Simms....Newest TITAN??????

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TITAN89Fan, Sep 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Strange in the sense that the Chiefs could probably offer Simms a shot at the longterm starting QB position. If we're to believe the spin from Fish the Titans QB situation will be back to normal in a few weeks when Vince returns from his knee injury. What then for Simms? I wonder what carrot the Titans were able to dangle to lure him?

2. titansfan4eva24

titansfan4eva24 VY 4 Life

a chance to actually win

3. titansfan4eva24

plus kerry cant play forever

4. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Good point... KC is pretty putrid.

But in two weeks he'll have two QB's ahead of him on the depth chart. Not a situation you'd think a guy who's been through what he's endured would walk into with other options seemingly available.

In the end it really doesn't matter... KFC is going to rip it up. :wishful smilie:

5. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CVG6FFWykH4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CVG6FFWykH4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

6. Texasrig26

Texasrig26 Guest

Well, KC worked Simms out too and opted for Ingle.

So..., we had the guy that KC chose and gave him away so that we could get the guy they didn't want probably for more money...... CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Bingo. Barring injury, Chris Simms isn't going to be a starter in this league.

1. Collins contract year (I think) and he isn't going to play forever.
    2. Titans are entering their SB window again.
    3. Get him ready for back-up role in 09.
    4. He is the best available.

8. titansfan4eva24

its a very smart move if you ask me

9. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I'm good with it. Say what you will about Ingle, Simms has more experience than he does at this point. Hard to be entirely excited, but when your choices are Harrington and Doug Johnson, I'm al-most thrilled to get Simms. Not quite, but as good as it will get.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar