Chris Simms will be our starting QB

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by quagliero, Nov 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quagliero

quagliero Teh Awsum

If we're giving up on the season I'd much rather give Rusty 6 games than Chris Simms.

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I guess people expected a late round rookie to just come in and throw for 200 yards off the bench and not make any mistakes.

I love how logical fans are.

Rusty has the tools. He may never be great or even good as a starter, but to judge him on his first NFL game where he came off the bench? Bit unfair, don't you think? And forget about the 2 great throws he made (1 would have been a TD but penalty ruined it) and the other for a big gain over the middle.
    Nah. Just look at the negatives. I'm sure he wasn't nervous or anything.

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. quagliero

quagliero Teh Awsum

As soon as it was clear Rusty would be playing the remainder of the game, I expected us to lose. That's not a negative on Rusty, it's just what I'd expect with any 6th round rookie QB coming into a tied ball game in a high pressure situation. Especially with the way our defense had been playing. He made a couple of nice throws, and a couple of lousy ones.

So if VY is benched, and Kerry is hurt, I see no point in starting some QB we sign from the street when Rusty has at least been training in our system all season.

4. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I agree....I am amazed at how, after getting thrown into the game in the third quarter and making some rookie mistakes, Rusty has gone from "All hail our future" to "garbage draft pick" with some of the posters here. Good grief folks, he is a rookie who saw his first regular season action in the middle of a close game...can we PLEASE CUT HIM JUST A LITTLE SLACK before we cast him aside here. Chris Simms proved to me in the preseason that he was afraid to take a hit (after his spleen incident, can't say I blame him, but that does not help us here), so I would MUCH rather test drive Rusty for the rest of the season than sputter along with Simms.

I think we will sign someone like Simms, but he will stay on the bench. At least I hope that is the case.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar