Christian Ponder??

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by turnNburn, Feb 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

He was nothing special even in college.

He's Chris Henry pt 2... DE version. Guys don't magically start playing well when competition gets steeper.

2. Deuce Wayne

I stand corrected. Was it Mathis that was brought along so slowly?

The reason I used that as an example was due to Colt fans mentioning how slowly they bring DL along... so maybe it was Mathis. ?

And for the very limited time Graham had, those are great numbers. Especially considering he's learning a position he shouldn't be playing.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Maybe? Why don't you look things up when you make a point? You looked like an idiot that time. It takes no more time than to type a name and click. :sad2:

And Mathis wasn't brought along slowly he was a late pick after they already had Freeney but still played some as a rookie and had 10.5 sacks his 2nd year.

Do some homework next time and you can start by reading your own posts so you won't royally contradict yourself again. Giving me an "it sucks" for tearing you a new one is pretty weak.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I went back and read a lot of the pro Ponder posts and i still shake my head on this one. Best fing QB but only worth a 2nd rd pick?

24 suggesting trading up to the late first rd but would not get specific about how far up he would go or what he would need to make that move. Give up our high 2nd and a high 3rd for Ponder? When we could get Stanzi or Dalton in rd 2 and keep our 3rd? Don't make me laugh and one of those guys might last until rd 3.

What really happened here is that self described draft experts did not do their homework on Ponder. Did not understand his arm issues, injury issues or the way he handles pressure. All you saw was a guy who was smart and a real good student.

Kellen Clemens is smart(35 wonderlic) and had better college stats than Ponder and look what a poor player he is.

It's not that i think Ponder is a bad prospect or a guaranteed bust. He has good size, a strong body and is very athletic. He is obviously a great kid who can learn. But you can't coach him to stay healthy and i find it funny that even people who like him compare him to one of the most injury prone QBs of the last decade, Pennington.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I think there's going to be a lot of pressure on those QB needy teams picking in the mid first round to reach on a QB in the 1st. They won't have the luxury of waiting, because if they do, they may miss out entirely. We can sit back and wait to see who left at 39.

6. Deuce Wayne

Do some homework? I don't take this near that seriously, dude. lol

I don't mind being off every now and then. Doesn't hurt my feelings any...

7. 24

24 Starter

Are you joking? You want me to predict where Ponder will go? How is that indicative of how good he is? I'm reading this conversation also, and I honestly can't see where you're coming from. You realize you're suggesting that we take Ponder with the eight pick, right? I suggested that we take someone talented on defense with the eight, then if needed, trade back up into the first to get Ponder. That's all.

And, remember, I kicked your in this argument. You had your pathetic way of admitting you were wrong, then you never responded again. Should I bring that conversation back up for everyone to see?

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I agree with Tide. If you really believe Ponder is the best QB and it is because he is good not because the other guys suck you take him at #8. QB is the most important position on the team. If you screw around and don't take him you probably don't get him which isn't very smart if you really like him.

9. 24

24 Starter

Boom.

10. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

I'm a big fan of Ponder and would love to get him in the second or trade out of the 8th, move down in the first and take him with our number one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar