Chuck Cecil needs to be fired

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Nov 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

We never had the best defense in the NFL. We played the Raiders, Roethlisberger-less Steelers, Jags and Broncos. Now that we're playing teams with competent QB's and TE's (the unguardable position) we're getting embarrassed. Looking a lot more like last years defense... Cover 2 with a side of zero pressure on the QB.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I disagree. Finnegan played solid against Marshall last week & Marshall has like a 6" advantage.

He struggles against speed receivers, but that's also a coverage thing. Normally you expect to have coverage over the top from the safety... not with Chris Hope though.

Finnegan is a good corner.

3. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

He gives up more 1st downs than anybody on the team. Good corners can cover all WR's not just certain types.

4. enmydsrvsnomrcy

enmydsrvsnomrcy Camp Fodder

...i know the Titans have that - more than ridiculous - rule about not having family members on staff...but they REALLY should have thrown everything they could at Gregg Williams when Schwartz left...he truly brings an attitude that this defense is sorely lacking...

...i agree that Cecil looks clueless...the defense gets burned by the same plays all game long - with no adjustments...

...i say the Titans get on their hands and knees and beg Williams to leave the Saints...then bring Blaine Bishop in as the defensive backs coach...:yes:

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Finnegan just isn't as good at playing the right side. This is his first year doing so.

He's extremely good on the left, but I doubt Verner or McCourtey can play right CB at this point either.

6. CricketChapman

CricketChapman Camp Fodder

The issue with the blitz is that we are playing 8 - 10 yards off on blitzing plays. When the QB can see the blitz coming, he is going to look for short/hot routes. Therefore, the defense must play tight to take away all options. Then, even if the blitz doesn't immediately work, the QB should feel panic (unless he is one of the top 4 - Brees, Rodgers, Brady, Manning) and be prone to mistakes or holding the ball too long.

The Titans show blitz, send it, and leave everything underneath open.

7. Jessica

Jessica Starter

Well first off, I said ONE of the best. And we did have a great defense early on. Our pass rush was lights-out, we had great run D, and we didn't give up many touchdowns, even though we still allowed quite a few yards per game.
    Now it seems like we can't get to the QB, can't stop the run (even a third-string Washington RB), and we give away scores after long drives. We've changed into a bend AND THEN break defense after just three games. Clearly there has been some dismantling. I don't think Miami was very well-off regarding QBs in that game.

8. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Our first few opponents sucked and that bloated our numbers. We played the kinds of teams that threw interceptions instead of TDs in the redzone and had crappy OLines. Defenses should never bend or break.

9. Jessica

Jessica Starter

I wasn't aware that the Giants or Eagles sucked. Even the Cowboys (at the beginning of the season) were made out to be a Superbowl pick for 2010.

10. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Very impressive, Jessica :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar