Chump Warmack

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Childress79, Oct 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Of the 3 inside guys sucking it up, Levitre has to be the worst. The guy was given a $46M contract. Such a deal suggest he's an all-pro (which he clearly is not). And not only is he not playing great, but he's hurting us! He has to go if this keeps up.

At least with Schwenke and Warmack they're young and not counting much towards the salary cap. I never expect 2nd year players to out perform 4th and 5th year pro bowl defenders. I can only stick up for those youngsters for another year tops though. If by their 3rd years they're not living up to their potential, goodbye.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Wolverine

Wolverine Starter

The whole o-line (except for Lewan) has been a disappointment. I thought with the addition of Bob Bostad our o-line would be a strength. This is the most undisciplined o-line I have ever seen.

It's bad after all the investment in the o-line we are still missing 4 quality starters.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Penalties are killing us! We've given back 585 yards! We're not a team that can afford to do that.

And its not a youth problem either, I wish it was, that would work itself out, but we're just a stupid team lol. Michael Oher and Andy Levitre get your lives together! Holy hell... :disappointed:

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I'm all for personal accountability. But when a team is this bad you gotta start looking to the decision makers. I'm willing to give Whisenhunt somewhat of a pass with this being his first season and all. But Webster has got to go. I don't see how Tommy Smith can honestly believe this is the guy that is going to build a roster capable of contending for Super Bowls. We can barely contend with the dregs of the NFL.

He's been calling the shots for 3 years now and we're as bad or arguably worse off than we've ever been, talent-wise.

5. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Kinda surprised with all the Schwenke bashing to be honest. I see him as actually holding his own in there, also center is probably the toughest position mentally to play on the OL; the fact that he's really playing his first full season and anchoring the O-line pretty well is encouraging. There is no way in hell Schwenke has played worse that Levitre or the fat tub of lard.

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Schwenke was the guy who saved us from the hell that was Amano. He's an okay serviceable Center. Not great but not bad either. He's a solid return on a 4th round pick.

With good guards ether side of him he could be our Center for 10 years. Any Center would struggle with Levitre and Warmack beside him.

#46 Childress79, Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
    • High Five High Five x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I agree. They seriously need to hit the market and get some OL help, or some mid-later draft picks. Levitre and Oher have to go. Schwenke and Warmack on bubble due to being young with light contracts.

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Ah...fans and repeating media gibberish.

I hate discussing BPA versus NEED because they are both wrong. There are numerous examples of both being wrong which is how you get Locker and Gabbert drafted way too early = NEED. Then you had Detroit a bunch of years agao take what...3 WR's in high first rnd picks and that...didn't work out so well.

Neither of these things can live in a vacuum because you can't ignore need and you can't ignore the best players available. That's WHY the front office needs to anticipate as much as possible what they will need now and in the future and how to best fill those needs WITH the best players available.

Draft picks are currency...like money. You don't want to waste the majority of your 'money' on a lesser quality item so you need to figure out how to get what you need at the right price. Meaning, if you can't match BPA and NEED at your pick, you need to find a way to keep the value of your currency by trading up or down to match BPA AND NEED.

Fans and commentators never understand this and half the NFL GM's don't either because you always have a team reaching for someone and you always have teams who take BPA even though they can't help them. If Roos hadn't gotten hurt (and he's rarely been hurt in his career), our 1st rnd pick would be riding the bench this year when we have obvious holes else where on offense. However, Lewan isn't a bad pick if you already know you're not re-signing Roos and wanted Lewan now so you have your anchor for the next 10 years.

Question is...what did we get. So many people somehow lay all the blame for player failure at the feet of the coach and none of it has been thrown at the guy RESPONSIBLE for DECIDING who to pick...namely our GM. But we will save him for another thread!

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

I understand your logic, but the problem with this is you don't know what other teams have rated other guys. Maybe your BPA is their BPA. Maybe your BPA is a 2nd round grade.

But you trade down to match BPA and need and then your guy gets taken 3 picks later..

Let's say your team is on the clock. You really need a QB but the BPA is a OLB. The QB you'd like is the 4th best player on your board, but the grades between the 4 players are pretty close. A WR is 2nd and OT 3rd. You know there are 2 teams behind you that also need a QB and one team that needs a OLB desperately. Do you trade back and risk losing your BPA and QB?

What you don't know is what players they have ranked where. Do they have that same QB rated as high or higher maybe? What about your BPA is he even on the top 5 for all the teams below you? Do those teams that need a QB take a QB in this round? There are so many variables.. You don't know where guys are going to go because your rankings could be totally different from the Colts rankings. Or the Patriots rankings. Etc.

That's why you have to trust your board. If you feel like that QB can be the one for you. Go for it. Don't trade back and risk losing him because the BPA and need didn't matchup. Or if you feel like there are some QBs later in the draft that you like as well take the OLB.

I don't think you should always take BPA (like my example you have a guy in the top 4 on your board, grades are close). There maybe a guy whose grade is pretty close and he fits a need.. Boom go for it. Gotta trust your board and scouts.

With all that being said, in the first round, I think you should go BPA 9 times out of 10. 1st rounders are guys you can't miss on and you want to make an impact. Take the best player when your pick is up. Unless you have a guy who fills a need and is pretty close grade wise with your BPA then I think it's fair to go with the need over BPA.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Warmack is an average nfl guard right now which is not good enough based on where he was drafted but hardly justifies hate. He's not the reason we can't stop the run with 3 300 lb inside linemen.

Chance has not played that bad this year. He has improved from last year and will be damn good next year.

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar