CJ’s fumble: Defender ‘got lucky’

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Dec 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah. And what about that poor throw by Fitz that CJ didn't even ATTEMPT to catch?!?! It was an awful throw but was not totally uncatchable. Yet the Playmaker didn't even reach out his arms or bend his hips. He just sat there and watched it hit the ground.

I swear that guy is so terrible. I could live with terrible but then when he goes and makes comments like this it just pisses me off beyond belief.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

That pretty much sums it up as succinctly as possible.

3. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

lol CJ.. you can only pull that "pass the buck" card when you're a winner. This isn't 2009 for you, nor is it the Titan glory days.

4. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

He could have dove for that ball and lost 6 yards...

5. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Bad enough he longer has what it takes to be a good rb. But now ge no longer has what it takes to hold the damn ball.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

So you're saying "The Playmaker" has zero confidence that he could actually make a guy miss and do something after the catch? Sounds about right.

7. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

I wasn't mad about the screen pass that hit CJ's feet because he most likely would have lost yards if he did catch it. That was more on Fitz for even throwing it considering he should have saw the defender already closing in on CJ.

8. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I'm saying you are being negative for the sake of being negative. That ball had fail all over it. He isn't catching it without leaving his feet.

When our "effort" guys like Stevens and Mooney dive leave their feet to catch balls behind the line of scrimmage, they end up losing yards and/or blowing out their knees or getting a concussion.

The fumble was terrible. He should have just knocked down that ball or just went to the ground. That play was going nowhere.

9. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I think Fitz was throwing it away to avoid a sack. While a failed play, it was a smart play.

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Fair enough. Maybe I need to go back and watch the play again. But I still think he should have at least PRETENDED he was interested in trying to catch it.

Oh well, CJ is a turd regardless of the circumstances of that play.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar