CJ for MVP

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Nov 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

All i've been hearing is Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, and Brett Favre for MVP. What about Chris Johnson?!

Chris Johnson stats:
    1,396 Rushing Yards (1)
    6.4 Rush Avg (1)
    9 Rushing TDs (T4)
    1 Fumble
    294 Receiving Yards
    8.9 Rec. Avg
    1 Rec. TD

Those are some impressive stats! Especially if CJ gets 2,000 rushing yards he's got to be MVP.

USA Today is realizing: http://blogs.usatoday.com/gameon/2009/11/tuesday-eyeopener-3.html

CJ 4 MVP

2. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

CJ 4 MVP; VY for comeback player of the year...still got 5 games left, but thats my vote at the moment.

And CJ only had to have 18 touches tonight :ha:

3. el_darax

el_darax Camp Fodder

I really hope he hits the 2k mark. He is well on target but I'm afraid the last 2 wks have proven that alot of teams are getting more keen on our run game vs both vince and cj.

Also this game I think VY had some more spots for good runs. (the design plays are the ones he didnt run well in today vs cards)

Did fisher put a boot-lock on his legs or something? LET VY LOOSE, GUYS!

On another note he's doing great lookin down the field over and over for that pass.....he's becoming a full QB right before our eyes; run out of the pocket to buy more throwing time = more them most QBs are capable of. Being able to throw long off a mid-level sprint out of pocket and still retain some semblance of accuracy is ALOT more then alot of other QBs can do IMO.

He's not a pocket statue and dun' need to be.

But back on topic.....CJ REALLY deserves 2k I hope the Titan's can help give it to him.

Oh yeah: 18 times w/ hands on the ball and 150 yards = insane. CJ is a football freak.

4. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Even if I wasn't a Titans fan, you know, there's a point where giving the MVP to a QB just for doing the usual stuff gets old. CJ is outperforming Manning/Brady/Brees for their respective positions, easily.

I'm sick of seeing the same guys win it, and this kid is destroying everyone week after week. And I dare say it's alot harder to dominate rushing than it is to put up big numbers passing.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. titantigerfan

titantigerfan Camp Fodder

It's surprising to me that more analysts aren't giving him a vote for MVP, even based on the assumption that he does get 2K yards; I did see Marshall Faulk on today saying he should be MVP, though. You would think that being only one of 6 people to get 2K yards would be enough for serious consideration.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Cheers to that. If he gets 2000 he'll probably win it. Peyton already has his, and voters will tire of that. But it will take 2000 to get it on a team with a marginal record at best.

7. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

How bout Brett Favre? It's hard for me to make an argument against him. Clearly I want CJ to win it, and he absolutely deserves it, but Brett Favre is every bit as good a candidate. Most TDs in the league, fewest picks in the league, 8 yards per completion, 112 passer rating....and his team is 10-1. I think that may be the biggest factor, the fact that he's the QB on the best team in the NFL.

8. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

This stat was pretty amazing they just said on the postgame coverage.

CJ has 3 TD's of over 85 yards this year. No player in NFL history has had that many in their ENTIRE CAREER. Thats' pretty amazing.

9. cjohnsonfan

cjohnsonfan loves her Titans

Hell yeaaahhh!

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'm really hoping that CJ doesn't get big headed and turn down contract extensions and end up going somewhere else for more money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar