CJ getting close to 1,000

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by corymiller, Dec 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Right because nobody else would have referred to him as a "playmaker" after his record setting first 3 seasons in the league.

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

:rolleyes:

Was not meant to be an insult, its just what it is.

3. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

First of all, the holdout could've been avoided and we probably would've gotten him for much cheaper if things would've been handled like they were supposed to in the FO. So it's not all on CJ, the FO didn't keep their word.

I STILL don't blame CJ for holding out. Take this season for example. His value dropped tremendously and now he' working to re-build his image. CJ worked in his own best interest. Just like Creeping Cruds is going to do what's in his best own interest at his job, or Hoffa, or #45. You can't blame a man for looking out for himself. Especially if your employer has a bad history of shorting employees.

So CJ isn't the only one to blame for the holdout.

Second of all, Ringer got off to a bad start as well and he was there for the entire camp. He was getting hit behind the line just like CJ and couldn't do better than CJ when given the opportunity. Part of that can be attributed to CJ being a better talent, but a lot of that blame can go to the O-Line. They weren't the same O-Line they'd been in the past. They've been blocking much better as of late but early on they were pretty bad.

I say all of this because our fan base has a history of alienating players. For a second there I thought CJ was going to become the new VY. Players are human just like all of us posters. We all could've handled past situations better and have all made mistakes. The difference is all of our actions aren't being dissected and scrutinized.

Can we just be happy that our star RB is finally performing and we've got a shot at making playoffs? Before the season half of you guys were predicting us to be at the bottom of the league.

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I agree with SOME of CJs hold out. I think it could have been handled better if he shown to camp and held out the season. Probably would have helped his cause with how Ringer probably would have performed.

And really? CJ alienated himself with some of his twitter comments. I honestly think he was just typing without thinking, but still you need to have a filter and never accuse anyone of being "fake" fans. Not smart at all.

I do not fault him for 100% of the holdout, like you said it could have been better on both sides, especially with what happened with Forte.

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Jesus, I wish people would stop with this mess. We do not have a history of alienating players. At least not more so than every other fan base in the NFL. I'd love to see this list of alienated players you have in your head.

NEWS FLASH: VY brought the vast majority of the criticism on himself (and I was a VY supporter for a LOOOOOOOONG time).

NEWS FLASH: CJ brought a lot of the criticism on himself (holdout, "fake fans", not taking any responsibility whatsoever for his poor production).

Like it or not, those are the facts. Everyone who thinks our fans are so bad should take a stroll through some other NFL team forums when their team/best players are in a slump.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

NEWS FLASH: CJ brought a lot of the criticism on himself (holdout, "fake fans", not taking any responsibility whatsoever for his poor production

False.

Also didn't we lock McNair out of the facility?

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Link? Perhaps I missed something but I seem to recall a whole lot of "I'm the same guy"... "if you don't see what's going on then you don't know football"... blah blah.

He said the FANS alienate the players. IIRC the fans did not lock McNair out of the building.

8. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

“I’m still working on it right now. I’ve had ok days of work. But I’m just still working and trying to get better.”

"From looking at the film all week and seeing how their defense has been playing, we expected more out of the running game. We just have to continue to work and it was a good thing we got the victory. It’s easier to correct things with a victory than it is with a loss."

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I guess you and I just have drastically different ideas of what taking responsibility is.

Saying "I'm gonna keep working" and "we expected more out of the running game" isn't taking responsibility in my book. It's just saying you didn't get the results you wanted.

The dude flat out put all the blame on his O-line. And would never admit that the holdout hurt him/the team whatsoever. Delusional.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Imagine how good his numbers would be if he could catch...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar