CJ hype article

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titansfan4eva24, Aug 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Did he have too? I didn't know you could score more then 6 points on a single play..

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

It's called style points duh! He still made #1 on SC though.:yes:

3. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

whens the last time a Titan made #1 on SC's top plays? Probably Vince two years ago.

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Definately 2 years ago. I think Bironas kicking all those FG's was #1 last year.

5. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Just rereading this moronic post and had to chuckle...

All he has is speed? Either you don't watch video of the kid or you have just completely consumed yourself in your "Chris Johnson = Trung Canidate" fantasy.

Then again, you're the one that's been saying all he can do is bounce everything to the outside...yet can't come up with ANYTHING to prove that jargon.

Keep humoring us all with these proclamations of doom for CJ just to make yourself look like you know what you're talking about. You've given the kid hell from the start, and refuse to let up.....http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=35161&highlight=chris+johnson

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

It is just like the idiot comments about Hester not being that good because he has great blocking on returns. First of all he did make a cut. He angled perfectly so he would split the secondary. Second, his style is not a cut and juke style which is why he will be better than a guy like Reggie Bush. His vision and instincts allow him to see daylight and explode to it. You can get away with dancing around in college but in the NFL you can't. Thirdly, he had a couple of other runs which don't look like much in the stat book but demonstrate why he will be successful. On one run he was practically hit while he was taking the handoff by a blitzing LB but did a spin move and managed to back to the LOS. On another run he had a defender waiting for him off left tackle where he made a quick cut up the field Most backs would have been stopped right there but CJ fell forward for 8 yards and almost kept his balance for a big play.

Point is his reaction time and instincts are special and he has the explosion and open field speed to make big runs look easy.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Very well said.

I'm going to watch the game again this morning just so I can check out his carries in his first series.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

The :rolleyes: means I was taking a shot at those who thought he has nothing but speed and can't run in the middle.

I know he took a cut, I was impressed by it.

9. and you're not exaggerating

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar