CJ in space???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by stander2, Sep 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Or if they all did shift over like you mention, just let CJ run a reverse from the wide right position. Usually unless the D linemen are all in the backfield, a WR running a reverse has quite a bit of space to work with, they just get intercepted too quickly before they can turn the corner. I think with our WR corps who probably know blocking more than most, could help spring CJ for some chunks of yardage.

I think I'll check and see if they have any online programs you can do that with.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

What's wrong with dirt? :tj:

3. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Dirt is just a bit difficult to host on a website and/or post in here.
    What's the point of drawing a play in dirt if no one else on here can see it?

4. titanflamer

titanflamer Starter

I watched the interview of Jeff on 9-11. He said that CJ was supposed to shed the blocker for the screen and did not do his assignment.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

14 posts and we still don't get a photo-shopped picture of CJ as an astronaut?

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I've been complaining about the lack of creativity for years with Jeff Fisher. If I wasn't so loyal to my home state and my favorite color, I might just hate this Titans team with a passion after the losses they put me through. Not even good ones, but the kind you know shouldn't have happened. Like losses to Baltimore, and now this recent one to Pittsburgh. This team is a top 5 team easily, but will never be recognized for it because the plays are more basic than my old high school's. So frustrating!

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

"Shouldn't have happened"?

I'm much more frustrated when we lose to teams that we're significantly better than. It's hard to argue against an OT game against the defending super bowl champs at home. I don't like the loss, but that game certainly wasn't a gimme.

8. JCBRAVE

Yea maybe we weren't 'suppose' to win that game against the Steelers, but we just as easily could have. So because of that I say we should have. I really figured us to score 5 times. We only did twice. I wish Fisher wasn't such a schlemiel when it comes to calling plays to win games.

9. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Fellas,
    Been pondering this all weekend and came to the conclusion. Aside from the 3 man rush in the 4th quarter (bad idea with Big Ben there Chuck), our loss was due to lack of execution. Yeah Fisher might play it a bit conservative at times, but I've lost count on how many times a play failed because the PLAYERS didn't execute it properly. Every pass play where the WR drops an easy one...lack of execution. Every play that's not an all out blitz where the D line gets through our O line and hurrys our QB...lack of execution (by the O line).
    I know this is going to sound a bit John Madden-esque but I'll say it anyway; players need to execute the play as it is called, and they need to execute it better and more precise than the defense is trying to execute their play. Failure to do so will result in one of the following: 3 and out, loss of yards, turnover
    If they don't, expect more heartbreaking losses like the one at Pittsburgh.

10. JCBRAVE

TBC_titan,
    This is us and your Madden.
    [​IMG]

Thanks for letting us know that. And you sure do sound very Madden like in the above post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar