CJ Irony: Rolexes

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Jan 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

O boy, I was just saying that it's not fair for people to label Chris Johnson and other black athletes as 'stupid' hood rich nxggas because they go out and spend money on cars and jewelery. That same money could have gone down the toilet just as millions of investments have. So don't over analyze this as you do EVERYTHING else.

Damn, for a lawyer you sure don't read into things toooooo much.

2. JCBRAVE

GoTitans3801,
    I would LOVE to meet you. I would love to have that opportunity. OMG I really would. I mean I want to fly to Nashville and shake your hand and get your picture with a signature that I can frame here in Connecticut. I might actually do this once business slows down some. I have a factory just south of you there in Nashville. I'll write it off as a business expense, and you can buy me lunch.

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Your money should work for you, not the other way around. That is why the rich get richer and the poor stay broke.

Many wealthy people started with little or nothing. Nobody NEEDS a 300k car. You just don't see that many truly wealthy people- those who AREN'T carrying debt, spending on luxury items. That is how they maintain their wealth. They have that money wisely invested in systems (property, stocks, bonds, businesses) that will take that 300k and return anywhere from 3-10% per year or more.

Madhoff WAS a crook and the returns he was posting WERE to good to be true. Experienced and wise investors stayed away from his schemes because they recognized these returns just weren't plausible.

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Did you ever think that maybe the problem is that you aren't analyzing your own posts enough?

On this point, I also disagree with labeling (which I have not done, particularly in this thread), though I can't agree with you on defending massive expenses on cars and jewelery, particularly cars. Investments have a possibility of loss and a possibility of gain. Cars in particular have an almost certain loss, and it's considerable. My main critique of large expenses on jewelery is that it's easily lost or stolen. That can be insured though, as my wife likes to remind me. What really kills me is hearing about someone having really expensive jewelery that isn't insured.

Again, lay off the personal insults. Trust me, I make an effort to not attack your personal life. Let's stick to each others' arguments.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

A 300k car is a grotesque misuse of capitol. Now- if there was a 3 billion dollar investment that generated 300k in interest- then I have no problem with somebody purchasing that car.

And lighten up on GoTitans3801. He hasn't taken a personal stab and I don't recall him/her ever doing so.

6. JCBRAVE

Yes well said Riverman, I would say the same.

I'm not telling anyone 300k is a good idea to put into a car. It's just a fact I know that not ALL INVESTMENTS work out. And when they don't, you are left with nothing but headaches. Whereas a car is still fun to drive even if its value plummets once you leave the lot.

I haven't published anything in the Wall Street Journal yet, so until then, your criticism is annoying at best. This is a message board that allows Jesse to post. I'm sure you hate that he's allowed to speak freely to.

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Sorry, not interested. I'm not on here to make friends, I'm here to talk about the Titans and other things. I've met several of the people from the site, but I generally reserve that for the people that I respect, and that respect me in return. Stay up there with your fiance and kids, I'm sure all of you will be happier that way.

8. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

You just now figured this out? The rest of us bow when he walks in the room, just reaching out trying to touch the hem of his garment, wishing we had infinite knowledge like him. I'm just happy that he still graces us with his pretense from time to time.

[​IMG]

We are not worthy!

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I want to meet GoTitans3801 (and that wasn't sarcastic as the others seem to be)

10. JCBRAVE

No, I'm coming down there anyways to take care of some business so I'll just look for the statue with people bowing. That will be where you hide, as TitansErick has informed me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar