CJ is ahead of last year's pace

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Oct 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Let's be honest, it would be nice to have them both..

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Del Rio lets the clock run and Cj finishes the game with 1 less run of 30+ yards and 1 less TD. Fisher was more than willing to let that clock drain away. As for CJ getting the run then I agree with you except that it was really fun to watch.

Sidebar - Del Rio was dropping Edwards back too pass with under 10 seconds left. Anything that happened under 2:00 is Del Rios fault.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

CJ looked pretty good on that 80+ yarder against the stoolers ...

just sayin'

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

How does Del Rio still have a job? That team once had game - drafting monsterous DLinemen etc.. Even my wife noticed that they all look like a bunch of chubby midgets (sans ML)

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah, I have zero problem with us running offense when the opposing team is still calling timeouts. But that doesn't change the fact that CJ never should have been the one out there running the ball in that situation.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

It would be amazing to have them both. Hopefully Ringer can develop into a Bradshaw caliber back. I can definitely see some similarities in the two. Ideally, I'd like to see CJ getting 15-20 carries a game with Ringer getting 8-10. I know some people will say he's our best player and you want to have the ball in his hands as much as possible but I don't think it's that simple. Don't get me wrong, I love CJ and he's a heck of a weapon but I just don't think he's built to be 25-30 carry a game back, at least not for any prolonged period of time. If we keep running him like he's Eddie George or Earl Campbell he's gonna be a shell of his former self in a couple years. If we manage him and his carries correctly he could be an elite player for us for many, many years.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I agree completly

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Good post. I think we just don't want to pay so we're just going to use him up and get rid of him.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

unfourtunatly RBs are replacable commodities, but CJ is a unique talent playing a position the Titans rarely pay second contracts for.

Snyder will pay CJ the money when Titans are done with him.

10. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

And he'll put up mediocre numbers behind a mediocre line, unlike he has here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar