CJ Is The Best RB In The League

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ColtKiller, Nov 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

AP may be in the top 10 as far as talent and potential goes but he's got a long way to go before being mentioned along side names like Brown, Payton and Sanders, IMO.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

People decided that Adrain Peterson was the best RB in the league when ladanian tomlinson was still good. And that was in the middle of the season. So now imo the same is happening with CJ. I think CJ is a better back because every attribute that AP has, CJ has it better. With the exeption of power, which isnt far off if you saw his 80+ run against the jags when he bulldozed the defender.

3. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

AP wont be the best back once he takes a beating and becomes another Eddie George.

CJ avoiding the hit will allow him to play longer than AP imo.

4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Overwork any RB and you'll shorten their career.

LT,Larry Johnson both run into the ground after 3-5 years of being the darlings of Fantasy players everywhere.

Eddie George average 352 carries over his 1st five seasons and was never the same after 403 carries in 2000.

Jamal Lewis had 387 carries for 2066 yards in 03' and subsequently disappeared as a running threat.

AP had 363 carries last year for over 1700 yards. This season he's on target for about 330 carries which is much better for his longevity. No doubt because they have a more balanced offence in Minnesota with Favre as QB.

The temptation when you have a great RB is to over play them. CJ is only on target to hit 272 carries which is great. If we start to win though and run more often I hope we use Lendale more as well as CJ.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

As Jesse said, it's alot more reassuring when you see that CJ doesn't really take beatings. It's hard to hit a guy as fast as CJ so when you do, it's most likely from upclose leaving minimum impact. The only thign im worried about is that CJ is getting better, and he knows it. So when his contract runs out, will he leave for money or will we pay him? Hopefully Fisher is gone but im still worried.

6. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

http://footballoutsiders.com/stats/rb

Interesting look at the statistics. People lean toward AP because he has some fabulous runs and looks like a beast but in reality RBs like Ray Rice and Jones Drew along with CJ are equally effective. I'm not sure AP is the best at this time and to go out and declare him the best ever is way pre-mature.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I had a great time reading through that thread again. Quite a few posters need to eat some humble pie. Not to pick on TJ but this one was great in response to an ECU fan writing about CJ.

TJ wrote:
    Hold on, Sparky. You have to look at this from our perspective. To some of us, we see Johnson as only a third-down RB/returner due to his size. Yes, his speed is impressive but do you see him being a strong WR who has the ability to stretch the field? That is the biggest need of the Titans offense.

I don't think anyone is doubting his playmaking abilities. But does it translate to the NFL as well as a Devin Thomas could have?

9. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I am always scared to see Chris Johnson in the backfield blocking for Kerry Collins.

10. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

I was so mad that day.So glad I was wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar