CJ looks like it did not take the Jets long

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by LANGSTER, Sep 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

CJ is not an every down back anymore. He will also be average at best a lot of the time when he is on the field. However, his speed still makes him dangerous. Perhaps more so as a decoy than a guy that makes explosive plays. It is still true that the defense pay him a lot of attention. You still can't let him loose. He does still open things up for other skill players because of this.

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
  2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

no, no he doesn't do any of this anymore and he hasn't for at least 3 years.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. RTH

RTH Meh...

4. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

You don't think when CJ is on the field the defense worries about him taking one to the house? You don't think he's been a threat top do that for 3 years? I'm pretty sure he had many long runs 2 seasons ago for example. Be honest. He's not the player he once was, but the defense absolutely cannot lose him. I mean, basically all I'm saying is that he's still fast. You disagree with that?

5. RTH

RTH Meh...

Honestly... no, I don't think so. I believe defenses have him "figured out" for the most part.

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

So what if he is fast?

Plenty of backs are fast these days. He has no better chance of breaking a big one these days than just about any other back.

So what you are saying is that he hasn't done any recently? Got it.

7. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

I don't disagree with that necessarily. They do. The only point I'm trying to make is the defense focus on making sure he cannot get a good lane to accelerate through. They have to respect his speed. For example, Ivory would be a lot more likely to find room on a screen pass than CJ would. The defense know they can't lose him on the field. He still draws attention. This does help open things up for other skill players on the offense. That's all.

• Boring Boring x 1
  8. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Well, I'm not going to argue facts. Btw, acting as if defenses need not pay him any mind would be arguing facts. Nobody is stupid enough to leave him room to accelerate if it's avoidable. I'm not trying to make the guy out to be a pro bowler for Oprah's sake. Just saying he's an effective decoy if nothing else due to his speed.

9. EnglandTitan66

EnglandTitan66 "The Plump Prince"

Johnson isn't done in NY but he's way from the player that he originally was. I don't think that opponents are actively gameplanning for the "CJ "moment which occurs less and less now.

Wasn't Johnson supposed to be having a second break-out now that he's got a "stellar" O-Line to block for him ?? Guess not. We did the right thing , the Jets are finding out they did the wrong thing and we can all go back to hating on Jake ; which is fine.

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

JAG

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar