CJ needs...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Dec 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

I keep hearing folks say 'it's Seattle' like they're going to lay down or something. They're #13 against the run right behind the Titans. Chargers are 23rd. He can get the record but it's not going to be an easy task IMO.

Reminds me of when Shawn Alexander was so close to breaking the record and they didn't call his number again...

2. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Jacksonville was 11th against the run, he lit them up for 230...

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Individual records are pretty lame, and Jeff Fisher is a dicknose that will sit him out if he starts getting big runs anyway.

Why stop sabotaging this team now?

4. titanflamer

titanflamer Starter

If they are committed to CJ breaking the record they better forget that up the middle crap. Thats good for some first downs sometimes. They need to be creative for this game.
    Our opponents are probably scheming, willing to give up long throws , maybe even a loss just to stop him from running. Well,maybe not a loss.
    Maybe on just a few first downs, they could let Lendale run a couple on a fake and then CJ. Definitely the option with CJ outside, and mix the sides up once in a while.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Again stop being a moron with your hard on for Fisher. That has never happened.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

In the last few games, I've seen Fisher get the ball to CJ for the sole purpose of getting the record. He may never admit that, but I think we all saw it. It didn't work out so well cause the Defense sold out. But think it is evidence that I think everyone is going for it on Sunday.

That gives him a chance.

If we hand off to him on 2/3 of the plays, he could get near 200 yards on that alone. This is no different than Madden. If you want 200 yards you can pretty much get it at the expense of the team.

The real question will be how does Seattle respond. Even if Seattle sells out against the run, that will actually open the door for a big gainer. It all depends on how good their linebackers are at tackling. So while he may get shut down, there is the opp for some long runs. If Seattle plays normal, and we give him the carries, he will likely get 230 in my opinion. If they sell out it will be much harder, but it can be done, CJ just needs to break a tackle or two to go the distance.

Some creative ways to get him some yards would be to throw some lateral passes to him in the flat so that he gets rushing yards.

I think we are going to do everything possible to make this happen. And I see it as being very close. 2000 is a lock for me. It's the record that's going to be close.

I am actually optimistic about his chances. With the playoffs gone, this is the goal.

I would argue that this record is the second biggest thing in the NFL next to winning the superbowl. So I have no problem going for it. It's a big deal. There are many teams who win the superbowl, Any fool can get into college, but Only a select few can say the same about Amanda Jones... I mean owning the rushing record.

7. p_funk

p_funk Hillbilly Titan

I agree, what I should have said is this. Stopping him from getting the record may not be enough to motivate the whole team, like say, playing for a playoff spot or home field in the playoffs. Espically if CJ can break a big run early in the game, they may call it quits. I am not saying that they will just let him run wild, but you never know.

8. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

I heard that they are going to hand him the ball on every down

9. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

I'd be thrilled. Seriously. I mean, realistically he would be too exhausted by halftime, but CJ deserves to have this entire game dedicated to him breaking that record.

10. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

60 carries for 240 yards, lets do it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar