1. Pardon our mess as we continue to update the new forum software. Big thanks to Mike and Preditan for all their help in the transition. If you run into any problems, put them in the Update Thread.

CJ Signed!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Sonic28, Sep 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

Its official! CJ has signed a 53.5 million 4 year deal, 30 million guaranteed (that's about 13.5 million a year) - Per Wyatt

The four years are added onto the remaining 2 years on his contract. He is signed through 2016

Salary goes to 13 million for 2011 and he will make 31 million over the next 3 years, 30 mill guaranteed. -Jason La Canfora

It averages out to 9.21 mill a year over six years. -PFT
    • High Five High Five x 17
  2. Alex1939

Alex1939 As old as Titan. Tip Jar Donor

Glad it's over. If this is false be prepared for a barrage of it sucks from me lol.
  3. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

More than i thought he would get but im glad its over. I like the length of it as well.
  5. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Finally. At $13.5 million per season it's big money, but it's not crazy big (Larry Fitzgerald got $15 million per). And it's only 4 years, so the Titans get him for his prime years and can then let him walk (Fitz got 8 years).

If superstar salaries skyrocket in the NFL like some have predicted (since there's a rookie cap, many people think all the extra money will go to vets), this could actually end up looking like a bargain in a few years.
    • High Five High Five x 3
  6. pettso

pettso Starter

If we're giving him 30 mil guaranteed, it should have been over a 5 year contract. 13.5 is a little high - should have been somewhere around 11-12. But whatever, lets hope he doesn't pull a hamstring in his first week back.
  7. ImATitan

ImATitan Starter

YES! THANK YOU GOD lol. So happy it's finally over. I love this deal! It's not crazy like the deal Fitz got. 4 years is a good amount, 13.5 is "elite" money like he wanted but still "fair."

And 30 guaranteed is extremely fair.

I love it!
  8. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Just like the Roos and Stewart deals. I think if you combine those deals it's what Joe Thomas got. Give it to Reinfeldt, he can negotiate.
  9. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

10. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff Member

Vikings have to love us right now....As Carolina did to this...we now do to Vikings with AP in the last year of his contract.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.